• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pre-season 10-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
so trialist no good !
(there,s a suprise )
opening day prediction tranmere 0 oldham 3!
les will walk before he is pushed month3 !
this squad pj your having a ____

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think we should wait and see who signs before we start to panic and make predictions.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I don't think its all doom and gloom just yet, there are a few weeks left yet until the first game.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
so trialist no good !
(there,s a suprise )
opening day prediction tranmere 0 oldham 3!
les will walk before he is pushed month3 !
this squad pj your having a ____

Trialist striker is supposed to be good, has been given another chance vs Vauxhalls tomorrow.

What's your native language by the way?

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
we need a goalkeeper a striker and 4 or 5 players competent at this level !
early matches may be cup finals , but after that ,injuries ,lack of form ( tired), suspentions etc will set in !
where is the strength in depth !
they will have to strenthen then ?
my point is why not get it right, pre- season,becuase at the moment les hase,nt given himself a cat in hells chance of survival imo?

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It is still only pre-season more players will be signed and the loan system will be used so i think les will have things sorted

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Some good info coming from the Daily Post.

Bakary Bojang gets another go at Vauxhall tonight. Former Sheff Wed trainee Nick Wood and Dutchman Marien Willemsen are set to start.

Previous trialists Curtis Wynter, Paul Johannus and Ian Daly have departed.

Parry is looking at Man City's GK Gunnar Nielson on a season long loan and also top of Parry's list is a striker (thank god he isn't relying on Gornell!).

Player
Johnny Morrissey
After the pouring rain this afternoon (well it has been here in Mancunia too you'll be surprised to hear), game v Vauxhalls is called off. Bad news on lots of fronts, no game time for some players who will need it to help their fitness ahead of the season. Plus, these trialists have less of a chance to shine. 3 or 4 were expected to play and I don't think they'll feature as highly tomorrow v Forest.

Found a youtube video of the Dutch lad who is supposedly with us. He looks really good on there! \\:D/

[youtube]ZpqcElkLubk[/youtube]

Player
Johnny Morrissey
While I've remembered how to add youtube vids on here, lets have a look at the Gambian lad who 'impressed' vs Marine last Saturday. Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you, Bakary Bojang....

[youtube]0f7PpEo2R2g[/youtube]

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Have to admit I'm starting to get a bit concerned about the lack of progress in recruiting. Last season we had a fairly small squad, since then we've lost ~7 professionals and to date have only recruited 2, or 3 if you count Mackreth's first pro deal.

Goalkeeper is crucial, especially given Collister seems to be carrying an injury. Nielsen at Manchester City is at best their fourth choice keeper and I don't think is with their current squad touring America. So if we've been unable to tie up this loan in time for him to get some practice with the defence, then it doesn't look hopeful. There must be some decent out-of-contract keepers out there for Les to look at?

As I understand Les' reported comments, the priority is a striker and depending how much money we've left then for wages, we'll probably be able to sign up a couple more players. A second new striker and central defender are also required imo. I don't think Bojang will be a front-line striker, but may be a Curran replacement, if we've the funds. From the SCoops youtube footage, Willemsen looks too good for us. Les has rightly said that he wants to minimise the number of loanees, but unless the recruiting takes off soon, that's what we'll end up with!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
we will get smashed tonight could be similar to the watson era when we played city. The team is simply ill prepared for the coming season and already are beginning to look nailed on candidates for another relegation dogfight.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
we signed gunnar neilsen on loan from man city for 6 months

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Cheers Mancini (it's always nice to throw in a few well known names now and again)!

Well at least we can say we have a keeper now. Shame it's only for half the campaign, but beggars can't be choosers..

Player
Johnny Morrissey
we will get smashed tonight could be similar to the watson era when we played city. The team is simply ill prepared for the coming season and already are beginning to look nailed on candidates for another relegation dogfight.

Ye of little faith, we played well and won 2-0. In Les we trust!

Ally

Player
Aldo
A good result that. Although it means little, I guess it's nice for a few goals to go in and for the defence to keep a clean sheet in a (semi-) competitive game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Having seen Bojang tonight and against Marine on Saturday, I think I would offer him a contract. He is quick and mobile and even seems quite decent in the air; we won't find many better players in the bargain bucket we are scrabbling round in.

The right winger who came on in the second half tonight also looked good and put a couple of great balls in, notably for ITM's goal. Anyone know who he is ?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Having seen Bojang tonight and against Marine on Saturday, I think I would offer him a contract. He is quick and mobile and even seems quite decent in the air; we won't find many better players in the bargain bucket we are scrabbling round in.

The right winger who came on in the second half tonight also looked good and put a couple of great balls in, notably for ITM's goal. Anyone know who he is ?

These two ssound very promising by the sounds of things. Hope they haven't impressed any other club's scouts who may have been watching tonight!

The winger is the lad I put the youtube footage on. Marien Wilhelmsen, a Dutch midfielder ex of AZ, Telstar and some other Dutch team. He looks quality on that youtube video! But it can be made to look good on there, sorry I didn't get to the game to see him for myself.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Bojang will be offered a contract. He's been hanging around all pre-season and it seems Les is interested in what he has to offer. Quick, mobile and decent in the air. What we waiting for?

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I didnt go last night but did Les stick to the 4-3-3 - and presumably how did the front 3 fit in, i.e. was Bojang playing wide ?

Similar question with this Willemsen (probably spelt wrong) - did he play as part of the front 3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.