• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Pirates 0-0 Tranmere

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good point today, very good point in fact. As was mentioned on the radio, Rovers haven't lost two in a row since Les took charge and is one of the reasons why we are still fighting down there.

I thought we were hanging on for the last 10 mins probably because they dropped back too much again, but they hung on, Daniels made some good saves and they are still 4 points clear of the drop zone.

Well played lads and let's hope we can take advantage at home.

On a side note, no Barnett today. not even on the bench. :-s

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agreed a valuable point against a form team, with the other results not going against us. The team was the one I'd have gone for, save Edds or Barnett ahead of McLaren. Have to wonder both why Les and his predecessors have such a love affair with McLaren and what exactly Barnett has done to upset them. Zoum got sent off for a second yellow late on (again](*,)) and with Cressa being sent off for violent conduct in the Liverpool Senior Cup, we may need to loan or improvise a left-back.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
is mclaren only 1 booking away now from a two game suspension? must be all the tackling he is doing lol

DIW

Player
Goodison
I think we'll all take a point there.
Just a shame about Zoums red card.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Agreed a valuable point against a form team, with the other results not going against us. The team was the one I'd have gone for, save Edds or Barnett ahead of McLaren. Have to wonder both why Les and his predecessors have such a love affair with McLaren and what exactly Barnett has done to upset them. Zoum got sent off for a second yellow late on (again](*,)) and with Cressa being sent off for violent conduct in the Liverpool Senior Cup, we may need to loan or improvise a left-back.

For ****s sake - does it carry over?

If so then perhaps we'll see Logan move to left back (where he's played before), Edds right back, Mahon in the middle. A less disruptive and more likely switch would be for Broomes to come back in and either he or Mccready will fill in on the left.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just watched the highlights on Tranmere Player. What a great chance for Moore early on, who really should have scored. Erm, that was about it as far as Rovers' chances. Also, what was their keeper holding his head for early on when Goodison quite rightly went for the ball. Nowhere near his head, cheating tut tut..

Player
Dave Challinor
How did McCready play? Thought he was half decent when he was last here, think it was alongside Sharps. He lacked a bit of pace but solid and did his job then Crewe nicked him back after we had got him fit for a season (cheeky sods). Got to get ahead of Broomes. Never seen a player man-handle the opposition so much!

Not surprised about Edds, didn't Moore look at using him last season before Cresswell made his debut against Mk Dons?

Any rumours around Barnett can't be injured warming the bench surely?????????? :-k

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Hello all, I'm new to the board and thought I would make some belated comments on the match on Saturday.

After the first half an hour we didn't offer much going forward, but defensively we were magnificent and restricted a free-scoring team to maybe two or three clear chances in the whole game. Despite building pressure we looked pretty comfortable until the last five or ten minutes.

The introduction of McCready and Taylor made a major difference. McCready was very solid, good positionally and strong in the air, and it seems Goody enjoys playing alongside him. Strange that Les has stuck with Marlon for so long.

Ash slotted back in as if he had never been away, and his 'screening' role in front of the back four gave us a protection that was lacking in the Huddersfield and Leeds games. It seems he is beginning to build a reputation (hopefully not too much of one!)as Paul Trollope singled him out as a key player after the game.

Looking ahead at the remainder of the season, I think the three home games against Hartlepool, Exeter and Wycombe are key: win these and I think we will stay up, as with our resilience away from home we should be able to scrape four or five points from the other games to see us to safety.

Hartlepool on Friday is massive, and although we are strong favourites, I am feeling nervous already as their dire away run has to end sooner or later, and you know how often football kicks you in the teeth when you least expect it.

Fingers crossed.......

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Welcome aboard, thanks for the report :cool:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Welcome new White Reviewers!! Although the two games McCready has played have ended in clean sheets, it may be a little too premature to suggest he makes more of a difference than Broomes but personally I think he's a better defender. I would definitely stick with the side Les put out. Solid defensive unit and at home, a more attacking attitude should hopefully get us the points.

It's also good to see Ash back. With his performances and versatility, it's certainly a plus having him fit again.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Welcome new White Reviewers!!

Although the two games McCready has played have ended in clean sheets, it may be a little too premature to suggest he makes more of a difference than Broomes but personally I think he's a better defender. I would definitely stick with the side Les put out. Solid defensive unit and at home, a more attacking attitude should hopefully get us the points.

It's also good to see Ash back. With his performances and versatility, it's certainly a plus having him fit again.

Thought I'd better post my debut message on the board too as I've been registered for a while now, just in case anyone thinks I've stolen "Rockfords Love Child's" identity! O:)

I agree with the majority of the opinions stated so far, Ash brings solidity to the anchor role in midfield as does McCready in our defence. Good to see Bas lasting the distance although I'd be interested to know from those who travelled to Bristol whether they feel he should have been withdrawn for Marvin during the last 20-30 minutes?

I'd like to see Mahon have another chance, even it's only as a 2nd half sub for McLaren, I still think he's got something to offer us. It does seem strange that Barnett has been generally overlooked this season, I guess Les feels he's not as comfortable in the 4-3-3 formation.

White_Magic

Player
Ian Moore
First Post

As this seems like the thread for White Review Virgins (in the posting sense) i thought i would throw in my two pence worth. I think McGready is a much better player than Broomes and if he stays fit would have him in my squad every week. (Plus he is better than him on Champ Manager as well)

I like Les, and what he has done for the team so far is incredible considering what a precarious situation He Who Must Not Be Named left us in.

Ok so we aren't pushing for the playoffs but I still think we can finish maybe 14th/15th/16th if we keep our current form. Same old this season with no natural 20 goals a season striker but Ian is doing a decent enough job and now we have Bas back maybe we can score more than 1 or 2 goals in a game. Shay must waste all his wages on the fines he gets from his yellow cards I think it’s like 11 so far this season but he is also a player who does his job well.

Finally I will finish with my first 11 if they where fit every week.

Daniels, Goodison, McGready, Bak, Shay, Welsh, Taylor, Shuker, Bas, Curran, Moore

Oh No

No No No-----you cant possibly be serious in wanting Shocking Shuker back in the team can you

The key to our improving results and position is keeping lazy sods like him out.

I've complained about Moore in similar vein but will freely admit hes improved his efforts all round and gets in on merit

The more games where we keep a clean sheet the better and Taylor is our best cover infront of the back four, a back four that is even better without Broomes.

Keep shuker out or we end up with only 10 playing for us, its tough enough with 11.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Haha White Magic, you've rattled BootleRovers cage by mentioning his favourite whipping-boy, Shuker. While I'm not sure he'd make my starting xi, certainly handy to have on the bench. I do think it's a shame our current system doesn't give much scope for wide-players. Fraughan looked promising before being loaned out and Cresswell has the potential to play wide-left.