• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Parry Gone

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Les was on the team coach last night. The money we have received so far from jennings & creswell is mainly being used to cover the reduction in income from falling attendances etc as the figures upto June 2011 show a loss of just under £200 k.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The club are keeping very quiet on this at the moment. I think Les has gone to be fair. Feel sorry for him, he always gave 100% for the club but management really wasn't his forte.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The club dealings with the press have been inept over this. Either Les is still the manager or he has been sacked, there isn't a halfway house. Why can't someone at Rovers just tell us?](*,)

Player
Goodison
There's no smoke without fire... The club rarely update their website on a sunday, we'll probably have to wait for any official news until tomorrow.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
He wasn't on the team bus back from Chesterfield. I would choose from Mathias, Harvey, Ince and Mathias, David Kelly, Aldridge or Moore.

If Martin Allen was appointed I would want Les Parry back.

I'd honestly stop going if that prick was manager again, not that he'd take the job.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
According to sky sources he has been sacked.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'd honestly stop going if that prick was manager again, not that he'd take the job.
Haha, brilliant. But I agree. In fact, I wouldn't be looking at any ex-managers.

We might be jumping the gun a little bit anyway, as there's still no news from TRFC. I honestly thought Parry would still be in charge till the end of the season, but I think the situation he's now in, it's really untenable.

Should be an interesting Monday.

Player
Goodison
That prick is also possibly our greatest ever goal-scorer...

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It looks like Les Parry has definitely gone, given the comments from some of the Rovers players on Twitter.

As others have said, it is sad when a long-standing servant of the club gets sacked. I wish him the best in his lecturing career or whatever else he goes onto. While recent events have soured his reputation, I still feel that his time at the club had more positives than negatives. Even as manager, he kept us up in his first season and I can remember how delighted he was with the 2-1 win over Brighton, his first in charge. You suspect that had Ronnie still been around Dale Jennings and Aaron Cresswell might not have been given such an opportunity to develop their careers and earn the club decent money into the bargain.

However one win in twenty and an inability to adjust tactics tell their own story...

I hope that it is not a case of history repeating itself, with PJ replacing Les with one of the back-room staff. The last time that happened = relegation. Whoever does take over will be judged on whether they can keep us up and if so, how comfortably. It will also be a context to measure Les' performance this season against.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
That prick is also possibly our greatest ever goal-scorer...

He must therefore be a world-class manager, init.

The guy is a A grade tosser. Aldo can jog on.

Appointment needs to be made soon.

Player
Liam Palmer
Mad Dog?

Martin Allen's name generating a lot of heat on twitter and with bookies.

Getting my chant ready for Tuesday if this happens:

"We want parry back!"

Mad Dog: horrible man, horrible football. Will walk out when it suits him.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Yeah, Allen can **** off as well.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Definite no to Allen and Aldridge.

I agree with Boz that the appointment of Summerfield / McMahon on a temporary basis would be a disaster. They are equally culpable as Parry for the last four months in my view, and there would be zero change of direction were they to remain.

Problem is Johnson might not want to have to pay them off as well......

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Nearly forgot. The handling of this whole affair has been another PR calamity for Rovers, and pretty disrespectful to Parry as well.

Player
Goodison

darrens8761

darrens8761
Player
ITM
first of all i would like to thank les for all his efforts as manager. his first season keeping us up was an awesome acheivement and it is very sad that it has ended like this given his loyalty to our club.

but from a footballing point of view this had to happen. maybe pj delayed this given les' standing within the club and that the fans were mostly on side.

pj gets a lot of stick but i think he has been great for the club. yeah ok we have no money but we have a club. he makes sure we do enough to survive and you cant ask for more. some huge clubs have fallen into our division over the past 5 years due to bad management on and off the field.

i say a massive no to ronnie moore coming back, for me this would be a massive step back. same with aldridge aswell. ok they were good at their time but they have had their day here. summerfield/mcmahon is a no no aswell.

paul ince would come here and do well for us, we are not beneth him. he would go anywhere really. decent manager but never really stayed anywhere long enough and tranmere could be the ideal club for him to rebuild his career. he has many contacts in the game.

brian laws would be a good call. done well in this division in the pastand out of work since being unfairly bombed out by the burnley mob.

whoever comes in ill get behind them so long as its not moore or aldridge. but i do not make these decisions.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, it's all but confirmed apart from on the official website. Typical. Who works Sundays anyway?

Rovers aren't particularly a great prospect for potential managers, league position, budget etc.. I've got a feeling this is going to be another long drawn out appointment, which will probably result in a very underwhelming appointment. No money = no calibre. Ince etc.. no chance.

Temp replacement until the end of the season when they take stock.