• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Parry Gone

Rob

Player
Clint Hill
If its true it's about time, I just hope whoever comes in can salvage the mess he's made

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
going to be hard for whoever takes over if it is true as we are in desperate trouble.

Player
Liam Palmer
The sacking of a manager is a sad day for any football club. Sadder still that it's someone who has worked his socks off for the club he loves for nearly 20 years. Absolutely gutted he's gone, but totally understand why. Football is about results first and performances second. His position was untenable.

When the dust settles I hope people take time to reflect the job he did for us, taking up the challenge to sort out the mess left behind by two men who had dozens of international caps between them and reputations as big as their mouths.

We have a decent enough squad of players and a handful of promising young players. We are in a relegation fight and results have been poor. Les has paid the price. I hope the players can accept some of the blame.

No doubt we'll win the next three games under some caretaker boss.

On the other hand, I did see it on Sky, so it might all be bollox and Les might still be the manager.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agree with TT's comments above. This is definitely the right decision, but the job Les did in keeping us up in his first season should always be remembered: not many teams led by experienced managers would survive from such an unpromising position.

For all of his obvious tactical limitations, Les has always had a decent eye for a player, and the squad he leaves us with is not comparable to the one he inherited from Barnes. I am sure he will still want us to stay up as much as we do ourselves.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I can only echo what TT64 has said. He was a better manager than many and prior to his sacking he was one of the 20 longest serving managers in the country. PJ gave him all the time he could and had to act today. If we can't beat the bottom team .... Let's hope we can get somebody in who can turn things around. There is still time.

I think Les's post-match comments on the club website say it all. I get the impression he was finally admitting he was at a loss as to how he could stop the rot and will probably be relieved to be out of the hot seat.

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/page/Manager/0,,10365~2630876,00.html

Despite what happened recently, he will always be remembered with great affection by the fans. I wonder what he'll do now? I can't see him staying in football - either as physio or manager - but if I were him I'd write an autobiography. It would be a great read!

Player
Manager
John King
Still no word on the official site.....

I am beginning to wonder whether this has actually happened, or is it just a case of Tranmere's legendary PR machine slowly grinding into gear ?

Player
steve coppell
Probably no way back now even if he survives...the big question is who manages after Les???

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson

I am beginning to wonder whether this has actually happened, or is it just a case of Tranmere's legendary PR machine slowly grinding into gear ?
While you should shouldn't always believe what you read on football websites, I've never known a major news network get a managerial sacking wrong. The lack of anything from the OS is not unexpected. The webmaster rarely publishes anything over the weekend after the game is over. I expect we will have an announcement on Monday which will say who's in charge on Tuesday night. I bet that's being sorted out at the moment. I just hope we can get a permanent manager in place asap and not have an interim until the end of the season.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
PJ you took a million quid from cresswell and Jennings during the close season and expected LP to carry on with a bunch of average make waits ..

Football... a funny old game ,especially when your M/director stabs you in the back ..leaves you up sh-t creek ..the story was already written pre season ,just being acted now ...!

Les its not your fault ...the fans are blinded by the unknown ..
Lets face it PJ record at this club in recent times is pretty poor..

The fans should get him out ...not just say pj out ..

Demonstration is the only way ,.....

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Bring back Ronnie Moore for me ....

PJ is in a desperate situation now ..

Probably the next manager will see his rain out imo..

Ask Ronnie to come back.... why not

forget history ..the fans would go with this

thinking about it ..which way can PJ go now ..

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko

He has been sacked

Ronnie Moore Moore Moore...

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
IF he has been sacked, will PJ just shove the assistants in like we did for our last relegation? If not, how about Sammy McIlroy?

Player
Goodison
He wasn't on the team bus back from Chesterfield. I would choose from Mathias, Harvey, Ince and Mathias, David Kelly, Aldridge or Moore.

If Martin Allen was appointed I would want Les Parry back.

Player
Manager
John King
I would like to see Moore or Mathias in charge until the end of the season with the remit of keeping us in the division, preferably Moore. We need a dependable figure in charge; no time to be taking a gamble on somebody completely untried. If Ronnie keeps us up, give him a longer contract.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There still doesn't appear to be anything conclusive that Les has gone, Sky have been wrong before. It would be good to know the position for sure.

If Rovers are in the market for a new manager, it will be on the cheap and the best we could hope for is someone out of work with a proven record. I don't know the real reason Ronnie Moore was sacked by PJ, but don't believe the falling crowds explanation offered at the time. Can't see anything has changed between them since, so doubt Ronnie will be returning to the hot-seat anytime soon.