• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 TRFC

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
ooooooooooo sorry!

I meant Treamarco was the best in terms of running and battling, goosison had very much improved game, I'mgiven motm to goodison and and saying teamarco did well so SUSH!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Didn't got the game today cos am fed up of watching mediocre football and defeat after defeat. Sounds like i didnt miss too much new :twisted:

When I read the match report and the closest we came to a goal was us missing the target from a corner tells its own story. We have NO creativity to score in open play, and from set plays we still dont test goalkeepers! Pathetic. Fed up to the back teeth of the way we play and people like McAteer (who says in todays Independent he hasn't adapted well to our league and he won't be here next season cos he's gonna be a player/manager somewhere :lol: :lol: :lol: ) not giving 2 shits about MY team who I love.

Disappointed is an understatement, I can't see where the next point is coming from let alone the next win! Hopeless :oops: :cry:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
i know how you feel SteveCooperSS, I think it'll be another draw v scunny, and I will not be happy! Looking ahead out future fixs, we look as though we gonna be struggling for a bit. Unless we sort ourselves out.

M

Matthew The Rover

Brian Little's post match interview:

Brian Little said:
We played really well today, espessially that Nicky Summerbee. I'm glad I selected him today, his pace in the first half was increadible.

The result, I'm not to bothered. I set out for a draw and we lost, it couldn't have been much closer to my prediction of 0-0. A win is just around the corner. (This is a very long and round corner)

Dagnall was exceptional today when he came on. I just loved seeing the ball pumped upto him with a defender one foot taller than him marking him, wasn't it great!

Thank you to all the fans who stayed at home and listened to the game on the radio, your support was valued.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
see exactly, we played for a draw!

why do you think we lose!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
oh :roll: LMAO :lol:

I went Tuesday and today and although today was an improvement on tuesday it is still not good enough and very frustrating that BL cant see what we all can.
Achterberg-didnt do too much wrong
Bruce-made some good tackles but hasnt lived up to the expectation put on him, Linwood is just as good
Tremarco-had a good game and deserves the run in the side he hasnt been given and maybe he will get some confidence if he is not dropped when we have more palers like last time
Jackson-solid as always,should be captain
Goodison-had his best game by far for a long time,keep him at centre back Brian
Roberts-average game,has been quieter this season but not his fault that he is out of position and usually partnered on the left with goodison which is not a good partnership and would worry any player
Jennings-great energy,some good awareness and passes and deserves a chance,would love to see him with rankine when he is fit as rankine can be the holding player and jennings can do the running
McAteer-i am getting bored with his poor performances and he should have taken note of the fans reaction to him at the end of Tuesday and should try harder,when he wants to make a good pass he can but he doesnt deserve a regular place let alone the captains armband
Summerbee -roll on january and get rid of this waste of space,no fitness and you wouldnt know he was on the field tuesday or today
Facey-didnt get the service again so cant make a proper decision on him,we need to use the wingers so Delroy can stay in the middle and get shots in but when we draw him on the wing it leaves no-one in the middle to aim at
greenacre-creative as always and not getting enough support
Little stop being negative,in your pre match interviews say you believe we can get a result and instill some confidence in the players that they can win games coz all of that has been drained with your negativity
You say on the club website that your probably going to bring Linwood back coz were thin on the ground,dont bring him back and put him on the bench coz that lads confidence has been slashed with you shipping him out
Sorry for the long post but i need to get it off my chest after paying the money for 2 defeats in 2

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
SCooperSomersaults said:
people like McAteer (who says in todays Independent he hasn't adapted well to our league and he won't be here next season cos he's gonna be a player/manager somewhere

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
Summerbee -roll on january and get rid of this waste of space,no fitness and you wouldnt know he was on the field tuesday or today

A GOOD manager would immediately drop, and in some circumstances fine a player who makes public his intent to not be around next season. I mean if we KNOW he's not going to be here, and we aren't doing so well with him, then what is the long term or even short term benefit of playing him at all?

Same seems true with Summerbee, I think Brian has timewarp glasses on, because he seems to see life in a player who has long since lost it. And frankly the same applies again, if we know he's only here until the year end, and so not around for the second half of the season, then why not instead play a promising product of our youth system, with all the associated benefits that would go with that?

DixieDean

well, no surprise about this result. I'm not proud of the fact that I predicted a defeat.

Currently, only Swindon have taken less points than us in the last 6 games (they've taken 0 and we've taken 3) and I honestly think that if we don't win our next home game, Lorraine will get shut of Brian. Good riddance. Maybe we can get someone in with a bit of passion.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I knew it wasn't going to be a good day when we set off in plenty of time only to sit in traffic for nearly three quarters of an hour getting into Nottingham and then have my bro direct us to the ground rather than the car parks :twisted: Anyway, we made it just in time.

This was my first away game (sitting in the away end anyway) and it was great to be in a big stadium with a good bunch of Rovers fans all singing and chanting.

Then we kicked off :(

Our problems are easy to see...

Achto: Didn't have a great deal to do thanks to our decent back-four today. Couldn't really see the goal as it was down the other end, just looked like one of those scrappy goals that the keeper can do nothing about due to so much confusion in the box.

Bruce: Fairly solid defensively, looked scared to go forward though.
Goodison: MOM Played another blinder at CB. Cool and solid
Jacko: Solid again.
Tremarco: Decent, showed a bit of guts and passion. Just what we want from the young lads.

Summerbee: First time I'd seen him play. WHAT A WASTE OF SPACE :!: No professional footballer should be this SLOW. Looked scared when he got the ball, rather than running with it (isn't that what wingers do :?: ) he just looked scared and old and passed it back. RUBBISH.
Jennings: Looked interested but no end product. Will improve with time I think.
McAteer: Was he on the pitch?
Roberts: OK when he got the ball, just didn't get it enough.

Greenacre: Did a good job in midfield because our real midfield didn't turn up :(
Facey: Dunno, got no service from midfield so difficult to comment :?

I didn't think we would, but we're missing Hume. We miss his creativity. I really believe if we'd had hume teaming up with Facey and Greenacre this season we'd be top-6 by now. :roll:

I'm not gonna jump on the 'Little Out' bandwagon. I've always been a firm believer that it's the 11 players on the pitch who decide the result. The problem is our midfield is past it or inexperienced. BL had to strengthen our attack this season (all the posts on these forums in the off-season were about how much we needed new strikers). Brian did this at the expense of our midfield, and we're paying the price. Unfortunately, I think it's too late to do anything about it. Even if we get a couple of midfielders on loan, they will take time to gel.

I'm not saying BL is totally blameless. We are a proud and passionate club and BL does not fit the bill, he has neither pride or passion and this rubs off on the players. His attitude of always playing for a draw away from home also irritates the hell out of me :evil:

One final point. If you don't shoot you don't score :twisted: Why would nobody have a dig at goal when we were 1 down with 5 minutes to go. You can't blame BL for that.

Doing it all again on Friday, even taking a day off work to make the trip :?

M

Matthew The Rover

Yes Friday could well be another dissapointment for you Gray. Chances of Richard Hinds scoring again are high and Rovers not scoring has good odds too (or should have - but we have scored in every hope game since well before the end of last season I suppose).

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Some great post match reports there. Like the individual player ones..
So it seems like we really do have a problem in the middle of the pitch. Our defence as a whole is OK. We can last only so long with constant pressure from the opposition.

Our front two are good players.

The midfield and wingers need to start getting into the games more. Help out in defence, keep the ball, dont give it away cheaply, give it to the front two..

Let's look at our midfielders.

McAteer - Can string some passes together. Not a great tackler, not creative.

Rankine - Tackles well, battles hard in midfield. No creative skill.

Harrison - Will run all day, bags of energy. Can tackle, and pass but has no creativity to his play.

Jennings - Another battler, similar to Rankine. No creative skill.

Aiston - Can cause problems but only when he can be arsed. Still not convinced he can last a full 90 minutes. Crosses aren't great but he's probably the most creative midfielder we have.

Summerbee - Can't run, can't tackle, can cross but he needs the ball to be able to do this. Waste of space..

So there we have it. Our most creative midfielder is Aiston! :shock:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
our most creative was aiston yet he played crap v forest, oh dear! :shock:

M

Matthew The Rover

I think we'll find Jennings will be a very creative player in the future. He has certainlly promised this in the reserves.

C

championship_here_we_come

my view is that aiston plays on confidence

ie
if he gets dropped after playing well all season his cofidence is rock bottom so will play a poor game

aiston will likely have a poor game again on friday as he was dropped for the last game and when he was subbed on was later subbed off (well done for destroying his confidence BL)

we saw against oldham he had a poor first 1/2 but in the second half he realised he could beat the defenders which made him more confidence and he therefore player reallly well

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes I think Aiston is a confidence player too. If we are doing well then he will play better. Also think its a bit harsh on Jenno to say he has no creative skill. I think he has a fair bit of creative skill... he just needs the opportunity to show it a bit more.

M

Matthew The Rover

Joe_TRFC said:
Yes I think Aiston is a confidence player too. If we are doing well then he will play better. Also think its a bit harsh on Jenno to say he has no creative skill. I think he has a fair bit of creative skill... he just needs the opportunity to show it a bit more.

And to play in a side which is allowed to be creative, and is allowed to shoot from more than 6 yards out.

B

Banana Army

What was Achto doing for the goal :?

Again you can only laugh.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I know yer should havbe done better, silly goal again!