• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 TRFC

S

Seanyb

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

How much is everyone betting that this is BL's last game in charge!? We are now in 20th, on the same amount of points as 22nd position. I tink his time is up.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
His time wont be up yet. However if he fails to pick us up the points, then he wont last long.

20th.. its not sounding to good is it. :cry:

Sounded like we were good for the first 45. Containing them, and having a few chances. They booed their team of at half time. If thats any indication.

Second half though, they sounded like the much better team.
Looking forward to hearing the thoughts of those that went.

S

Seanyb

I've always said on these forums, give BL a chance, but that was 5 games ago. Since we beat swindon our results have been DDLDLL!!!! Or 3 points in 6 games. Something needs to change and fast!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
The 'dramatic' changes that Little made, the BIG shake up, was apparently to drop Aiston who had been our BEST player in the last two games and to pick that waster Summerbee again. After all that "evaluating of the team and of himself" that he claims he's been doing, it turns out yet again that he's still the same rubbish manager that he's been all along, making the same mistakes.

The really worrying thing is that Brian might now point at bringing in two younger players and that we lost as a way to justify not playing younger players anymore. I'd say there's a good chance of that in fact. But I've got news for you Brian, they aren't why we lost, we've been losing anyway - YOU are the reason we are losing. The manager is the one and only person responsible.

He's not the worst manager we've had, but he certainly ain't the best. I think it's fair to say he's definitely down the bottom end.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

Does it sound worse if you say we've dropped 15 points in the last 6 games ?.

Which considering most of the teams we've played isn't far off the mark.

S

Seanyb

Well said NBDH. I think BL says one thing then does the opposite. Remember he said we are now going to call on the loan system????? Like who?

I've lost patienced with him to be frank. I didnt think i would but nothing has changed. He tries to solve a problem by doing...well nothing!?

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
A lot of Brian's decisions over the last few games have smacked of total desperation and loss of control.

And today he subbed the sub off. He's lost the plot (if he ever knew what it was).

D

DanWalton

I think it is definately time that Little went now, and if I was Lorraine Rogers I would bring in Stan Ternant. He has great experience at clubs with little cash and struggling in lower divisions.

D

DanWalton

Most definately, I would bring him in I think he would do a very good job.

i can't get to grips with why it's takin so long! we should'v got rid of little when we got beat in play-offs!and richard hillfor that matter cos' i can't and don't see what he brings to the squad!that was by far the best chance we had of getting out of this division!we will now fester in it for a few more years.we never looked convincing last year but with other teams being so poor,we could of been lucky and escaped!there is far to much negativity around the club and it all stems from little!why has he used sam aiston as a scapegoat?he drops him to the bench and then subs him!at least he tries little!McAteer doesn't give a s*1t!you've lost the plot,and it's time to go! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

smilingmart

Aldo's Worthy 2000 said:
we should'v got rid of little when we got beat in play-offs that was by far the best chance we had of getting out of this division

I disagree.

I believe our best chance of going back up was the year after we were relegated when we had koumas. Unfortunately Watson was in charge and not wanting to give anyone nightmares I'll stop there.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
well i was there I can say that that we were much better but because brian little is obsessed with taking a point we started to sit back, i get too pissed off with going for a point cos we just sit back. then give away another silly goal.

Achto - Dodgy

bruce - needs to calm down

jackson - did well

goodison - man of the match,much improved did anothing worng well done Ian.

tremarco - best defender today

Roberts - 300th game well done

mcateer - too slow lazy a waste of space

jennings - battled well

sumerbee - did ok

greenacre - too defensive out of position buyt shpwed off a bit of skill

facey- very poor.

subs: aiston - very poor then got subbed off :shock: dagnall - only player who wanted all 3 points.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Remember we've played seven of our twelve games away from home. Eight of the teams we've met are now in the top half of the league. We are the only team in the division who are still unbeaten at home. We have lost most games by the odd goal and nobody has thrashed us. We've had no REALLY bad results. What we need is a little confidence and a bit of luck to turn things around. I'm not happy and we should be way up there, but a good run of results and this division is there for the taking. Give the man a bit longer! :wink:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
yer give him longer by all means but if things persist then we should start considering his position, thats only if we carry on not picking up anything.

M

Matthew The Rover

Another defeat. But we didnt really play badly. The problem was a lack of a final ball from the likes of Tremaco, who had an excellent match, and Bruce, McAteer, Roberts etc. Also, the decision not to shoot when we were 1-0 down with ten minutes left from people such as McAteer and Jennings didn't help.

Goodison was man of the match. Very good with his brain today as well as his defending. Some good tackles and passing wasn't too bad for a change either.

Tremaco too was excellent and I thought Jennings had a good game too.

Roberts saw to little of the ball for my liking but had two good chances in the first half, wasn't in all too lively though.

Jackson and Bruce both did well but at times Bruce lost his head (now misses next match I think) and Jackson made the odd error.

Summerbee was slow, slower than Teddy Sherringham. Also was poor, never made any runs or the like you would expect from a winger.

Facey and Greenacre were quieter than they have been last few games I have seen them, but they were still good all the same.

Aiston, poor. Enough said.

Dagnall came on and was emplyed out of position at first but moved over to CF and looked hungry for goals and to play.

McAteer - crap bar one pass he made to but Roberts through in the first half.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
bolton_hater said:
goodison - man of the match,much improved did anothing worng well done Ian.

tremarco - best defender today

How can Goodison be man of the match if Tremarco was our best defender? You make no sense at all.