• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Michael Wilde

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Give us a good appropriate sized ground with a few bob left over or do we join the likes of Portsmouth and Wrexham? "Look where we are but at least we own the team"

Wrexham and Portsmouth did not have viable potential owners with a 'few bob' to take over, that is the whole point. If the supporters trusts at those two clubs had not acted, they would not have a team to watch, whether at an 'appropriate sized ground' or anywhere else.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
As someone who has been watching Rovers nearly as long as Groundsman's Fork, I do not agree with the points made. In an ideal world, a Swansea-type set up with an owner and fan representation on the board would be best. However, as RLC indicates, the only people who we know have been interested in buying Rovers fall into either the outright asset-stripper category or those like Mr Wilde, who's intentions were murky. It may come to the point with PJs failing health, that the Trust are the only option.

New grounds are expensive to build and precise location would be an issue. Aside from Man City (taking over pre-existing venue) and Derby, most other new grounds seem to be in less accessible venues than those they replaced. Emotional attachment to PP aside, I'm still doubtful a new ground will be the cure for all our off-field woes.

Player
Backayogo
Why would the Trust and like minded people assume that we should and will think like them? Yes, Johnson has the business nous to see through prospective buyers and also the fact that the Trust do not have the majority of the fans behind them, which leads me to say that I dispute your last sentence entirely. With regards to this new owner, there isn't one yet!?

Player
Manager
John King
Yes, Johnson has the business nous to see through prospective buyers and also the fact that the Trust do not have the majority of the fans behind them, which leads me to say that I dispute your last sentence entirely. With regards to this new owner, there isn't one yet!?

The Trust would have more fans behind them if the only choice was between Trust ownership and the death of the club, which unfortunately may come to pass in the months ahead. Many people are unwilling to support the Trust because they believe a 'white knight' will come riding over the horizon: as time passes, this looks more and more unlikely.

Your final sentence is absolutely correct. Who is this new owner ? At present, nobody. Which is precisely why we need the Trust to act as a safety net for the club.

Player
Manager
John King
Emotional attachment to PP aside, I'm still doubtful a new ground will be the cure for all our off-field woes.

The Trust have already indicated that a new ground is not even a medium-term possibility at present as the bank will demand that the overdraft is paid down before any additional finance is raised. The bank debt can only be settled when the Ingleborough development goes through, which itself looks years off, so our attention should probably be focussed on upgrading the facilities we already have in order to generate more non-matchday revenue.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Many people are unwilling to support the Trust because they believe a 'white knight' will come riding over the horizon: as time passes, this looks more and more unlikely.
You are right if not a little cynical. I think if it came to the crunch and it was trust or nothing, then I'm sure a lot more people would put their hands in their pockets but only when the situation is this bleak.

I do believe this time will come sooner or later though..