• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Michael Wilde

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently Wilde was at the game yesterday its a done deal and he wants Burley as manager only time will tell if true or not

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
The only party with a genuine interest in looking after the club is the trust. Run and owned by the fans, but I think we all know without financial backing, it's unlikely anything will come of this. So you have to question any other party looking to take control as they are doing it for purely business reasons and not necessarily for the best interests of the club.

However, we either continue on this path with no budget which will ultimately lead to relegation or we seek new investment and keep our fingers crossed it's going to be the best for the club.

Burleys management record:
Games: 698 Won: 296 (43%) Drawn: 162 (23%) Lost: 240 (34%)

Moores management record:
Games: 815 Won: 306 (38%) Drawn: 223 (27%) Lost: 286 (35%)

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
cant really compare managerial records as for most of his career Burley has managed at a higher level not that he would be my choice to replace ronnie

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Did anyone go the the Trust AGM yesterday? I wasn't able to make it.

It seems the Wilde deal is off, but unclear if there are any realistic bids under consideration.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It seems the Wilde deal is off, but unclear if there are any realistic bids under consideration.

Do you know this for certain, or are you just going on the latest rumours (I did not get to the AGM either) ?

Without wanting to engage in PJ bashing, the lack of communication from the club on this crucial issue is pathetic really. Even if confidentiality agreements have been signed, the club could at least confirm whether or not discussions are ongoing and perhaps give a broad timescale for the takeover. I don't think this issue has been referred to once in Johnson's programme notes.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Various posters on other sites have said the deal is now off but there are other interested parties. It doesn't look very promising at the moment

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm going on a very brief chat post match with a couple of people who had been at the AGM.

Player
Manager
John King
According to Radio Merseyside tonight, the Trust have been refused permission to look at the books by PJ and are now on the verge of withdrawing their offer. This really just suggests that Johnson has no confidence that they have sufficient funds to responsibly run the club, which is probably a reasonable assumption when they only have £170,000 in cash.

Still no word as to whether negotiations with other parties are ongoing.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
In the \Echo today that 2 bidders have pulled out, worrying times ahead.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
So the trust have been ruled out because of lack money, few bidders pulled out. Not looking bright at all. I honestly don't see anyone taking control in PJs lifetime.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Apparently talks are at an early stage with another interest party and have gone well but its still very early so far from what I can gather.

lonerover

Player
Johnny Morrissey
I read yesterday that Wilde has pulled out. Wonder who that leaves if anyone? Would be nice to hear a bit more from the club.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Particularly in light of the statement from Michael Wilde today confirming negotiations over for reasons undisclosed. Though at least we've escaped the option of Albert Ferrer as coach
It is frustrating that PJ doesn't give us a clue as to what's going on behind the scenes. No mention of the takeover, the cash for cards or suspending Ronnie Moore either in his programme column or elsewhere.

Player
Manager
John King
It is frustrating that PJ doesn't give us a clue as to what's going on behind the scenes. No mention of the takeover, the cash for cards or suspending Ronnie Moore either in his programme column or elsewhere.

I agree with this. While Johnson's conservative approach to public relations is admirable in a sense, I think it is misguided, particularly in the age of Facebook and Twitter. Whether intentionally or not, it gives the impression of someone who is completely detached from the club and who is not interested in maintaining any kind of relationship with the club's supporters.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
RLC, sadly that's the way PJ is now. We just have to trust his judgement

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
RLC, sadly that's the way PJ is now.
Hasn't he always been like this? He's never been particularly good at engaging with supporters like RLC says. You would think a more public approach would be advisable if he's been trying to sell for so long now. From the sounds of it he's made it difficult for the likes of the supporters trust to engage in real discussions about the future of the club. Sad really as these people really do have the best interests for the club as apposed to an anonymous party stepping in.

Player
Backayogo
I actually have no problem with a buyer coming in, selling the ground for development and building a smaller, modern stadium elsewhere preferably at the docks. I do not want to 'own' Tranmere Rovers I just want to go and watch them as I have done for the past 45 years. I think the Trust are misguided and have a touch of arrogance about them. They suggest that people are 'sitting on the fence'. I would suggest that they are not. People have decided that they do not want to give their money to the Trust (Can't they see that?). Let's move on and get a new owner in. Mr. Johnson wants out and I believe he is not a well man. Give us a good appropriate sized ground with a few bob left over or do we join the likes of Portsmouth and Wrexham? "Look where we are but at least we own the team"

Player
Manager
John King
I actually have no problem with a buyer coming in, selling the ground for development and building a smaller, modern stadium elsewhere preferably at the docks. I do not want to 'own' Tranmere Rovers I just want to go and watch them as I have done for the past 45 years. I think the Trust are misguided and have a touch of arrogance about them."

Well the club has been up for sale for over a decade and a suitable buyer has not been found, so you might be glad of the existence of the Trust in the months ahead if you want a club to watch as you 'have done for the last 45 years'. If a suitable new owner could be found Johnson would sell to them, it is as simple as that. Who is this reputable new owner we can 'move on and get in' ? The fact PJ did not sell to Wilde suggests he did not trust his motives. Wilde did not put any plans to the public until the deal had fallen through: I wonder why not ?! Those that he has subsequently disclosed were faintly ludicrous, like putting Albert Ferrer in charge. We would all probably support a move to a new ground if it safeguarded the club's future, but there was no suggestion Wilde had any serious plans for this.

The Trust are not arrogant at all, they are realistic enough to understand that most prospective buyers of Tranmere Rovers simply want to strip us of our assets, a fact which unfortunately supporters like yourself seem oblivious to. Fortunately Johnson has the business sense and experience to identify a disreputable purchaser (remember Stephen Vaughan and Club 9 Sports ? I bet you are glad he didn't sell to either of them).

At present the Trust are the only show in town, and people will certainly be willing to give money to them if we are faced with a choice between Trust ownership and the club's extinction, which I think is likely in the months ahead.