• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Liverpool pre season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
Goodison
Tranmere and Liverpool have confirmed there will be a friendly at 3pm on July 12th at Prenton Park between Tranmere and Liverpool.

Should be interesting...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, pleased with that. A friendly I'm actually interested in! Good to see the local clubs agreeing to this, it's been a long time coming.. Should attract a decent crowd.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah cannot wait for that now, should be good, nice to see our local rivals helping us smaller neighbours, should be a financial help to the club, a nice big crowd etc.

Bring it on, the new season... I'm looking forward to it!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Should be good. Doubt we will see the biggest stars on the pitch but you never know. Should bring in some good money to help us out in bringing some more players to the club.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
A friendly that can perhaps live up to that name. I'm really looking forward to it, should be really positive for both clubs.

I'm looking forward to the Noblot game as well, but for a very different reason.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Tranmere can add to their transfer money from the Davies and Zola deals to work their way into the black
Hmm.. Have I missed something?

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I think they are probably referring to the compensation we will receive from Derby for Davies, who has been signed on a 3 year contract & also we will find out tomorrow if Calvin Zola has decided to go to Crewe on a 3 year deal as well. A fee of around £200,000 has been mentioned.

Also, I believe Shane Sheriff is considering an offer from Shrewsbury Town and McLaren is considering an offer from Bradford City. I've also heard that Hereford are favioutes to get Jennings' signature, should he not accept the one from TRFC.

Player
Goodison
Tranmere can add to their transfer money from the Davies and Zola deals to work their way into the black

That amount of money won't equal £6 million!

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
All of the Peter Johnston money is secured in a Charge over the Ingleborough Road training ground, soon to be a housing development! I would imagine he is being paid back by monthly instalments however, I could be possible that Tranmere have an agreement to pay him back when the housing company pays for the land. I doubt the report on TotalTranmere would not have included his loan figures because it doesn’t threaten the club on a day to day basis

If Tranmere were to close (as per the last set of accounts) they would be just be over £-1,158,644 in the red (after the core assets were sold & not including any player transfers), which compared to other club's/company's is not overly bad. (Albeit any debt isn’t great!)

The sales of several players will merely reduce the season by season losses and therefore our cash flow and ability to purchase new players will increase but any long term debt will be there over longer period.

Anyways...........back on topic....... Tranmere (with some reserves if we don't start signing people) v Liverpool. Should be good :)!

og in oz

its fantastic tht its on TV, i can watch it in australia, very happy, all be t 11pm at night our time when its on.
i suppose i will have to go to the pub first

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah it will be good, a decent game to look forward to and one that our stranded friends in Oz and elsewhere can tune into and watch the Rovers live! Plus the additional revenue from the TV and there should be a decent crowd. Happy days. Just hope we can field a decent side!

Any news on tickets yet? I havent missed anything have I? The club keeping it very quiet!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
No news on tickets yet. I hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot by pricing tickets too high.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Can you get Satanta in Wales as i on holiday that weekend, mind do they have T.V's yet!!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I've already arranged a pub visit with a few mates to watch this one! It'll be nice to see any sort of team line out.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Currently on the phone to try and get tickets, been in a queue nearly an hour and still only 7th in line to be answered! started at 20th.

The superb online ticket offfice is only letting me buy tickets for Hartlepool, even though it shows i got a season ticket"! goddammit! would have been a lot easier, and without the annoying hold music! :lol:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Couple of lads at work are showing interest, so should be a good crowd. These are the ppl that can't get to the games, it's a chance to see the Reds locally.

Unsure on source:
The guy who said that Rafa is looking at a double swoop for FC Barcelona pair Samuel Eto'o and Ronaldinho is 100 percent correct. I have serious connections with someone within the club and remember, I brought you the news of Torres and Babel, and also the fact that Kewell was offered a new contract way before any of these were confirmed. The combined fee is £35 million. Rafa wanted Eto'o last year but decided that the price FC Barcelona wanted was too much for his age, that is why he went for Torres. Eto'o would cost £20 million and Rafa believes that he and his coaches can turn Ronaldinho back to his very best. Both players, if agree will watch Liverpool in their first pre–season friendly against Tranmere mid–July. David Villa and Silva are both too pricy for Rafa this Summer but will look at Silva again in January. Alonso staying as Barry will remain at Villa, Dossena done deal by Tuesday. Keep you informed of other updates.

emma_trfc

Super White Army!
Player
Ian Goodison
I've just got my tickets for this!
I cant wait...do you reckon the atmosphere will be like all other pre-seasons? No cheering or anything lol?
Where is the best place to sit? I'm i the Kop, was gonna get Town Paddock but sold out :???:
xx

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
I got my tickets for the Main Stand (town end) yesterday, looking forward to it now!

I imagine the atmosphere will be good because we havent played LFC in a friendly for 15 years or so, I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll be more Liverpool fans than Tranmere fans at the game. Obviously not a great thing but hopefully it'll give us some much needed revenue because lets face it, that's what it all seems to be about nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.