• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Les - Keep or Sack?

Les Parry: Keep or Sack?

• Keep

Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Sack

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Les dropped Cresswell for Zoum when he took over, Aaron also played a few games for Ronnie as I recall. I'm not sure that the younger players available to Les, possibly excepting Jenno, are significantly better than those who previous bosses could pick.

Barnes played Cressa and had Taylor available to him.

Ah come on. Cresswell and Taylor 2 years ago does not equal Cresswell and Taylor now.

2 years ago Barnes had 0 ex-YTS players at his disposal who could really be relied upon in the first team. Les has 3 (Jenno, Cressa, Ash) as regular starters. Quite a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Would we be safe from relegation with 3 journeymen players in those positions?

Tbh, when was the last time we had 3 genuinely decent homegrown league 1 standard players at our disposal? Probably not since the days of Taylor, Roberts and Hume - granted those 3 were better than our current 3.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Although Les has been lucky to inherit a mature Cresswell and benefit from the emergence of Jennings, there is no doubt that in terms of player recruitment he is streets ahead of Barnes, and compares favourably with Ronnie (although there have clearly been a few mistakes along the way).

As has been pointed out earlier, the policy of looking to Ireland and bringing in loan players with a view to permanent deals (rather than simply year long loans as previously) has generally been successful and was, as far as I am aware, entirely his idea.

CanCan

Player
Pat Nevin
On the whole les hasn't done that bad of a job considering the restraints placed upon him but the lack of tactical knowhow has shown at times and because of that I would prefer a more experienced manager to come in (that's if we could attract anybody to come in).

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Ah come on. Cresswell and Taylor 2 years ago does not equal Cresswell and Taylor now.

2 years ago Barnes had 0 ex-YTS players at his disposal who could really be relied upon in the first team. Les has 3 (Jenno, Cressa, Ash) as regular starters. Quite a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Would we be safe from relegation with 3 journeymen players in those positions?

Tbh, when was the last time we had 3 genuinely decent homegrown league 1 standard players at our disposal? Probably not since the days of Taylor, Roberts and Hume - granted those 3 were better than our current 3.

It was said of Craig Bellamy that he could start an argument in an empty room. Not related are you mate:smile:?

Of course Cresswell and Taylor are better players now, than they were a couple of years ago, because of the fact they've more games and experience under their belt. Both were available to Barnes and both made appearances under Ronnie, I think Ash only as a sub.

Barnes also had Craig Curran, who's appeared in most of Carlisle's games this season. Craig was also available to Ronnie too.

Roberts wasn't home grown, started at Liverpool and we signed from a Greek side, I recall. However as well as Taylor and Hume, there were Sharps and Dagnall who were well able to play at L1 level.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
It was said of Craig Bellamy that he could start an argument in an empty room. Not related are you mate:smile:?

Haha maybe. I actually quite like Bellamy. Stand by my point though, which, if nothing else, is only to praise (and emphasise) the fact that the guys who run our youth teams are doing a great job, and that Les might be in trouble if they weren't!

And for our next manager....

We need a chap with a sound knowledge of the division we are in.
We need a chap who knows the strengths of the players we have.
We need a chap who has helped develop the younger members of the squad.
We need a chap who is prepared to work his bollo--s off for low pay.
We need a chap who shows his dedication for the club.
We need a chap who is gaining in knowledge and experience and keeps his feet firmly on the ground.

Wonder who might fit the bill, mmmmm, Given that what most football clubs lack is stability, it makes most sense to hire......LES PARRY.

Anything else would be foolishness of the first order.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
No-one else wants it anyway.