• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Joss Labadie

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
At last a creative, skilful midfielder who works hard. He also knows where the net is and has a better goals per minute ratio than ITM! A great signing, but I expect once he establishes a reputation, we'll sell him for good money.
Yes great news, but I suspect we'll profit more with his contribution to the team rather than his sell on fee. Similar to Andy Taylor, he will get two good years of playing regular football and will most likely move on at the end of his contract.

But that's football. Happy to have him for two years :smile:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
We sold Taylor for a fee while he was still in contract. Hopefully we can do the same with Joss.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Aside from his tackling and his creativity, Labadie's goals could be crucial next season, particularly if the hoped-for goalscoring striker never materialises.

He averaged one in three last year, which is a far, far better strike rate than any of our strikers other than ITM (and as good as Moore's I believe !).

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Aside from his tackling and his creativity, Labadie's goals could be crucial next season, particularly if the hoped-for goalscoring striker never materialises.

He averaged one in three last year, which is a far, far better strike rate than any of our strikers other than ITM (and as good as Moore's I believe !).
I don't want to be picky, but many of Labadie's appearances were as sub. He played nothing like nine full games, whereas ITM usually played the full 90 minutes. On that basis, his strike rate (per minute on the pitch) is thebest in the club.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
A point which serves to hinder your argument...?

Labadie comes on as sub often during 9 game period
= Labadie has less minutes on the pitch
= Labadie's goal:minutes ratio improves markedly

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
A point which serves to hinder your argument...?

Labadie comes on as sub often during 9 game period
= Labadie has less minutes on the pitch
= Labadie's goal:minutes ratio improves markedly
That's exactly my point. Labadie's goals per minute ratio is better than ITM's, which is not bad for a young midfielder.