• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Joss Labadie

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, it looks like Les is really determined to sign this guy which is great news.

http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10365~2050114,00.html

The Manager told Tranmere Player: "We've made Joss an offer and hopefully we can keep him. Joss' contract is up at West Brom and we'd like him to come back."

would have been better if it read like this:

The Manager told Tranmere Player: "We've made Joss an offer and hopefully we can keep him. Joss' contract is up at West Brom and he'd like to come back."

Fingers crossed though!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
He shouldn't really have attracted much attention from elsewhere. Hopefully we can nick him.

Really

Prmising young player, greedy agents everywhere, cut-throat scouts abound - really think no one has taken any notice, I doubt it. Do hope he signs though.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Well he's only played about 4 games.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
and his reputation at others clubs he was loaned to was that his attitude stinks. but hey, that's all in the past. was great for us :)

Foz

Player
Terry Gornell

Would be an important signing. Would give us a midfield three of Welsh, Taylor and Labadie next season which would be a good base to work from.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Given franchise fc are sniffing after Welsh and Joss may get a better offer elsewhere, I'm not confident our midfield will be much like that.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
When I saw that you'd replied to the thread I was wondering how you'd manage to turn us trying to a sign a really promising young player into a negative :cool:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
What's wrong with being a realist? In the Rogers era we lost McLaren and Sheriff to L2 clubs who could pay better. What chance of offering Joss an attractive package financially now PJ has tightened the purse-strings? I'd love him to sign, but wonder if Mahon-Taylor-McLaren isn't going to be our midfield combo for next season.

drwhoman

JOSH LABADIE

If you are right on next season's midfield Boz we might as well go and buy some anti-depressants now! It would be nice if the penny dropped with Johnson that the only way he is going to get more than a bent ten cent piece for his shareholding is if the club do well and at very least make the playoffs. This means that he will have to spend some money to possibly make some. Parry (or anyone else) is not a miracle worker - no decent player is going to sign for widgets and we cannot look to the reserves - they seem a pretty average lot if their results last season are anything to go by.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
What's wrong with being a realist? In the Rogers era we lost McLaren and Sheriff to L2 clubs who could pay better. What chance of offering Joss an attractive package financially now PJ has tightened the purse-strings? I'd love him to sign, but wonder if Mahon-Taylor-McLaren isn't going to be our midfield combo for next season.

I'm only winding you up. I'd think we have a good chance of signing Labadie. Before now his only experience has been in L2, we're the highest level club he's played for so far. With so few games and such little reputation under his belt (other than with our fans in the few games he's played for us) it's unlikely he'll be coveted by many clubs unless he goes on trial somewhere and impresses.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Note to all potential other suitors for Joss Labadie. He's rubbish. Scored three lucky goals for us, and hardly contributed at all. Lazy, selfish and weak.

shhhhhh :wink:

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
he has signed a 2 year deal very good news indeed

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'd echo Bigmart, this really is pleasing news. At least we're starting the recruiting early, a pleasant change to the Barnes mess.

O

OneNightInGayParis

Excellent news indeed. Absolutely delighted - let's hope all attitude issues are a thing of the past. This guy really is someone to build a side around. Nice one, Les!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
At last a creative, skilful midfielder who works hard. He also knows where the net is and has a better goals per minute ratio than ITM! A great signing, but I expect once he establishes a reputation, we'll sell him for good money.

Really good news

Labadie signing a two year contract is a great starting point to build for next season. A central midfield of Ash Taylor and Labadie appeals no end and can give us a solid central hard working duo.

Looking forward to next season already.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
I think Ash will be used more as a centre half than midfielder next season.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I think Ash will be used more as a centre half than midfielder next season.

Yeah I think so too. Ash isn't good enough on the ball to really call himself a central midfielder although his sheer tenacity is enough for him to be useful in either position at this level. In sort of related but not very surprising news, Ben Chorley got Orient's player of the year award.

Very very pleased about the signing of Labadie.