• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

John Barnes signs contract as manager

Is the appointment of Barnes & McAteer a good one?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Trigger & Digger! I love it! :lol::lol::lol:

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Hi folks interesting article about how things are going to be done this season.
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...re-rovers-new-management-team-92534-23886527/

hopefully some good may come of this.8-[

After reading this it maybe they have made the right choice, I remember reading about Rafa and how he prefers to let his lesser players play at a lower level rather than spend there time in the reserves. I think if anything comes of it it would make for a good season\\:D/

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Obviously there is a budget constraint on the new manager so he has to look at other avenues. Which could be about 16-18 pros on the books (inc first years like Ash Taylor) plus a scattering of loan signings. John will have some decent contacts in the game so hopefully we'll be able to attract the right quality of player to the club.

I'm hopeful of a good season, keep the faith folks. I like what I hear from Barnes, and even Jason is talking a lot of sense. I think they understand the club's position and are willing to try and improve the players we have, get a few decent freebies and loanees and try and build a decent side which can challenge for the play offs. Can't ask for much more than that imo.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm starting to feel like an atheist in church, surrounded by all you happy-clappers. As for the prospect of getting Rafa's reserves, if they're the calibre of Godwin Antwi, relegation is a cert.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
I'm starting to feel like an atheist in church, surrounded by all you happy-clappers. As for the prospect of getting Rafa's reserves, if they're the calibre of Godwin Antwi, relegation is a cert.

Its a fair point with reguards to Godwin Antwi, He has just been released by Liverpool

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
He turned down a contract.

I'm warming to Barnes and Macca, and I have no idea why. I've always quite liked Macca, but was staunchly opposed to the appointment of Barnes up until the past few days. I'm not sure that it's going to go well, but change always brings initial excitement, at least. We really should be looking to strengthen our links with Liverpool, turning a negative into a positive. Working with them rather than trying to compete against them. I just wanna see some contracts signed, players through the door...pre-season is exciting once it gets going...

Player
Nixon
I reckon there will be a 'good' signing made this week, poss friday. This will make people think things have turned around.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It depends what you class as a good signing. An injury prone ex-Prem star in their 30s would not tick any boxes for me. Prefer to see some of the out of contracters penning new deals. I wouldn't want us to simply look at Liverpool for loans, the Everton kids in Achto's testimonial were decent & Man City have a decent youth academy. I remain to be persuaded that Barnes isn't the next Dave Watson.

Ally

Player
Aldo
I'm happier, probably because we can now sing the greatest song about football ever on the terraces.

"We're singing for Tranmere
Tran-mere
We're singing this song,
We're singing for Tranmere
Tran-mere
Arriverderci it's one on one'

I can see us all belting that out at PP on a wet Tuesday night when we're 2-0 down against Leyton Orient, while Barnes and McAteer stroke their chins on the sidelines.

Happy days... \\:D/

Seriously though, let's all just hope we get some youngsters in with a point to prove, meaning we play some nice attractive football. It's all we can hope for.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Wish we had Ronnie back...