• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Harrogate (0) v Rovers (2)

Match result

• Harrogate

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harrogate (0) v Rovers (2)
Posted by Ian
The EnviroVent Stadium
Friday, December 29, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, December 29, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
A much better second half, 2 up hopefully we can see it out with a clean sheet

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
FT: 0-2. Another fantastic result and performance from the whites.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
If we can beat county we could jump to 12th then it looks different 1 losd in ladt 9 sounds good

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I’ve always liked McAlear and sounded like he did well second half as did Norris

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
Massive Credit to Nigel for making the changes at half time and another great away win.

Away wins like buses! 2 in a row!
The biggest difference is the set up of the starting eleven, the confidence in going in to a game, knowing that we are a lot more resilient and liable to create and score. Tactics and shape, have completely transformed the season.
These are the same players that were going to put us in the national league not too long ago.
Who would have thought that we would be comfortable at the end of December at the start of November?
The next two games are not as big as they looked pre Christmas!
But it will show, where we are and if we need strengthening in the window. I still think we do.
And credit to the manager for giving us a much better Christmas than we expected.

frenchrover

Player
aldo
A brilliant result and despite the 1st half stats dictated by the horrendous conditions we really limited Harrogate to pressured half chances . Second half the gale force wind, which had initially favoured Harrogate and which one would have thought might have favoured us, dropped completely but the team didn't let that affect their positive play. Our performance was further enhanced by the 2 halftime substitutions, with both Jolley and McAlear adding to our positive passing game. Young Norris, brought on towards the end of the 1st half to replace the injured Wood, also had an excellent and can only have added to his squad potential. A great all round performance and difficult to name the MoM but maybe Davies wins this, not only for scoring our 2nd goal, for his dominant 1st half performance when the conditions could well have made life so difficult for our defence. Tremendous team spirit throughout the squad, so onwards and most definitely upwards.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It seems to have been a classic game of two halves, a poor first half from Rovers but much improved in the second. Sadly IFollow gave up for a spell, so have yet to see Jolley's opener, but did see from around 60th minute including Tom Davies 'header to seal the points.

From what I saw it looked like all 3 subs played well. Particularly impressed by McAlear, who put in some decent ball-winning tackles and played some good passes across the pitch to help Rovers retain possession.

Like Keith Hill above, think Nigel has got us to a position beyond what most would expect at this point and he deserves great credit for that. However, we're still about 5 wins off securing L2 survival and have a trio of tough games coming up, starting with a resurgent Notts County. I agree that the next games will give us a better idea of where we are.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I wouldn't say it was a poor first half. It was in terms of attacking play which was virtually non-existent but as frenchrover says above, we limited the home side to a couple of half chances so I don't think we should be too harsh about the first 45. Massive credit to Adkins for the subs and for getting this team believing again. Norris was excellent as a fill in for Wood and looked like he'd played in that position all season, the half time subs had a tremendous effect on the game and we battered them in the second half.

Now the team has belief and confidence again we look a completely different team from the start of the season and just shows you what a difference a manager can have on a team. Not bad for a failed manager! Let's keep it going and see where we can push too after Xmas.

drwhoman

I suspect you are being a little tongue in cheek Ian but I would not describe Nigel as a failed Manager. Maybe has a point to prove after a couple of less than successful stints at other clubs? Interestingly, he was the Manager at Hull who oversaw the development of Jarred Bowen who must be one of the best forwards in the Premier League. Notts Co will be a tough ask but who knows! I imagine that they are a very well funded team?