• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Harrogate (0) v Rovers (2)

Match result

• Harrogate

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Harrogate (0) v Rovers (2)
Posted by Ian
The EnviroVent Stadium
Friday, December 29, 2023 - 07:45 PM
Until: Friday, December 29, 2023 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
They keep coming thick and fast another away day. And with the monkey off the backs could we get another win. You would like to think it would be the same team put out but NA will have to do some rotation you would think in the next few games. I am going for a 2-0 with Saunders and connor getting a run going

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It will be interesting to see our team as Nigel said we had a few knocks from yesterday, they are in quite good form so a draw would be reasonable

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Two teams in good form. Adkins plays positively and I think we'll give as good as we get so I'm going for a 2-2.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Will be interested to see the line up for this with knocks coupled with Nigel’s remarks suggesting some player rotation.

I agree that given our current form we ought to be able to get something out of this game.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Turnbull seemed to have a knock when he went off yesterday, and might be one of the absentees.

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
Morris, Walker and Turnbull look in doubt, that will test the reserves he avoids using. I'd put Yarney in place of Davies and shift Tom to left side. McAlear for Walker and Hawkes for Morris. All significant downgrades if it comes to it. Be interesting if Nigel considers LOC for midfield that would allow Pike in?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
If they are just knocks, hopefully a few of them will have shaken it off before Fri.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Before the three festive fixtures, I thought this would be the toughest and I still think so. We face an in-form side away from home. I would not be surprised or upset if we lose. I would be amazed and made up if we win. I think we will probably draw and I’d settle for that.

My main worry is the fixture congestion and the resulting injuries/knocks, which often need a full week’s rest. As an experienced manager and a qualified physiotherapist, Nigel will surely not take any risks. If necessary, I hope he rests and rotates on Friday. I’d rather we had our best side out for the two very tough fixtures ahead. Notts County at home and Barrow away will be real tests of how far we have come and how competitive we are compared with the promotion challengers.

Player
Manager
John King
It is a strange situation regarding Harrogate's best player, Luke Armstrong. He transfers to Carlisle on 1st January, but I assume he is still available for this game. *

* Looks like he has not featured for some time and won't play on Friday.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
It is a strange situation regarding Harrogate's best player, Luke Armstrong. He transfers to Carlisle on 1st January, but I assume he is still available for this game.
Armstrong wasn’t in the squad for their game yesterday so hopefully they are preparing for life when he moves on. On his day he is very good but that said, they’ve won their last 3 so are doing well without him. Harrogate still have Muldoon who on his day can score plus George Thompson has 8 goals in the league. They’ll be no pushover that’s for sure.

Player
Manager
John King
Armstrong wasn’t in the squad for their game yesterday so hopefully they are preparing for life when he moves on. On his day he is very good but that said, they’ve won their last 3 so are doing well without him. Harrogate still have Muldoon who on his day can score plus George Thompson has 8 goals in the league. They’ll be no pushover that’s for sure.
Odoh who looked quite useful at Rochdale also seems to be doing well for them.

Player
Aldo
Morris, Walker and Turnbull look in doubt, that will test the reserves he avoids using. I'd put Yarney in place of Davies and shift Tom to left side. McAlear for Walker and Hawkes for Morris. All significant downgrades if it comes to it. Be interesting if Nigel considers LOC for midfield that would allow Pike in?
not sure why Walker played the full 90 at Salford , given the fixture congestion

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
It is a strange situation regarding Harrogate's best player, Luke Armstrong. He transfers to Carlisle on 1st January, but I assume he is still available for this game. *

* Looks like he has not featured for some time and won't play on Friday.
Hes a Carlisle player but can't be registered till the window opens

dollar'sbloke

Player
morrissey
Manager
king
The first team is not far off the optimal eleven. LOC may be sold if he is destined to go the Cogley way. the left back situation remains unclear. The midfield selects itself as it stands with the doubt over Apter to play out. Up front Norris plus Dennis or Jennings is fairly obvious.
The one to miss out up front some weeks would be an acceptable sub, as it appears Yarney, McAlear and maybe Saunders (for pace) are. Everyone else seem to be bench fillers, not even worth that and maybe work in progress with the younger.
Firstly we need another Norris, even if he was fit. We would need to respond to anyone leaving. You still have about ten, of no apparent use but Palios may see this as not the time to invest in staff.
I can safely say we won't go down now, never really thought we would. Palios may not be so confident as his decisions really count but any big onward signing now is maybe £50,000 used up pointlessly before summer. My old belief that you settle players in over time seems outdated as we regard September as a starting point nowadays!!
I'd want a fully capable bench, which we don't really have, as a minimum