• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

halifax v the whites

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
After 2 good wins recently against play off rivals Aldershot & Dover, our next must win game if we're to catch Macc sees a trip to 15th place Halifax. The shaymen are capable of pulling off a shock win and have beaten both Borehamwood & Sutton at home in recent weeks, with patchy away form losing at Fylde and on Tuesday night at Torquay.

Ex rovers loanne Ben Tomlinson was sent off on Tuesday night so will miss the game. Kosylo is a decent attacking player but we should have far too much for them and confidence couldn't be higher with our recent form.

Macc kick off at Eastleigh at 12:30 so we'll know by kick off whether our slim title hopes remain alive. Whether that will impact on Mickeys team selection is unlikely, although he may have one eye on the Tuesday night game. It would be nice to see Clarke given some action. Wallace wasn't on the bench on Tuesday and Mickey mentioned pre match that James will resume training next week so I'm guessing he picked up another albeit minor injury.

If all are fit I expect an unchanged line up. We should win this if we have the right attitude but the Shaymen will be no pushovers as their recent home form against play off rivals has shown.

Prediction: another narrow away win which will do nicely. Hopefully Macc will slip up and Eastleigh will do us a favour.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Hard game to call. If we go into the game on the back of Macclesfield winning at Eastleigh to gain the automatic spot, as I think is likely, then it's important that heads don't drop and we get the points needed to secure 2nd. If there is still the top spot to play for, think we will do enough to take that onto Tuesday. However, as Sparky points out, they've good form against our play-off rivals and I'd expect a tighter game than our 1-3 Cup win at the Shay.

Micky in pre-match mentioned a couple of players; Dunn and Monthe are available again. I don't expect any change to the starting xi, but maybe a bit of juggling on the bench. The SWA turnout will be interesting, but despite Halifax giving us 2 stands, I'd be surprised if we take more than about 500. Given my recent poor away history following Rovers, swerving this game in the hope it will bring us 3 points.

Player
aldo
positive is the word . even if macc win we have got to take the game to them and keep the the form going . dont wont negative things just positive . a good 2 or 3 -0 win . even a hard 1-0 i dont care just a win

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
It will be interesting to see how we react to the Macclesfield scoreline tomorrow. It is very likely that they will win against a mediocre Eastleigh side, but we need to keep our focus in the remaining matches and go into the play-offs in good form. After the last two performances, I am confident we will do.

I would expect an unchanged team, but we should probably be looking to give the two strikers a bit of a rest in the next week, as their workrate has been phenomenal recently. Halifax have been competitive since Forrseter took over and tomorrow won't be as easy as our two previous games against The Shaymen. However, I still think we will win.

Would not it be great if Macclesfield drop points..........

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Would not it be great if Macclesfield drop points..........
I'd love it if they dropped points. Let's not forget, Eastleigh have already beaten Macclesfield this season.. It would put some real pressure on them, but it they win, we should still be going for that 2nd place so I don't expect them to step off the gas. Like you say, ideally we need to finish on a high and in some great form going into the playoffs. Barring any majors injury setbacks, we should also have a solid team going into the playoffs.

drwhoman

Fingers crossed our key players stay fit. This was a real issue at the end of last season. It would be overstating it to say that it cost us promotion but it certainly did not help.

Player
aldo
lets just see what macc do first they win . i can see micky giving the front two the day off and some others to . they drop points then unleash hell on halifax and solihul we wait and see

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
AM, don’t think MM has that option, as team-sheets have to be submitted before the Macc game has finished.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
If Macc win today and we secure second, I wonder if the Hartlepool game will be another Maidstone, where we rest all the first team squad to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If Macc win today and we secure second, I wonder if the Hartlepool game will be another Maidstone, where we rest all the first team squad to keep them fresh for the playoffs.
I would not think so, as we will have a week's break before the play-offs, which we did not have last season. I think there would just be selected changes to the team.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I would imagine he'll give game time to members of the squad like Rhys Taylor, James Wallace and Andy Mangan.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Wallace is injured again, would be worth giving a couple of fringe players a run out on Tuesday but be full strength for the last game.

Im off to Majorca for a week this afternoon (talk of bad timing or what) hope when I return we are champions

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Just watched Macc go 1-0 up after 3 minutes ☹️

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Hopefully they’ll draw!