• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

halifax v the whites

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Congrats to Macc. Well deserved over the season. So Plan A has failed. Let's all pull together and make sure Plan B succeeds.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
And we go on... early Cookie goal gets us off to a great start.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Thats 50 for cookie in 93 appearances.

Please let us go up so we have a chance of keeping him!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Buxton off for Harris. Hope any injury isn’t serious

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Wonder if Green Man have put their request into FA as being the SWA pub so we'll be at same end?
The fantasy of Maccs imploding is over. We're one point and one home game away.
There's only one team I don't want to meet at any stage and it's the Dragons.
Hopefully they'll be ousted before the playoffs

Cowshed Kid

Player
Bobby Hutchinson
Dragons getting beat!
Last season I was never confident going into playoffs and then Wembley.
We deserved to win at Shots but they showed in reverse fixture that it could have been so different.
Didn't go to Wembley with expectations. Told my son, whose 23, just enjoy the experience.
THIS IS OUR TIME!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
It will be interesting to see who Micky plays for the remaining league games. Solihull effectively safe, so we could field a weakened team for both. Can see arguments for two approaches; avoid injuries/bans by resting key players, keep picking strongest line-up so players don’t become rusty and maintain the winning habit. Who’d be a manager...

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
True Boz although I’d play them in this form. Goals breed confidence and they can’t stop scoring at the moment.

Player
aldo
think micky will keep it the same . only 4 games if you count wembley . let them do the business . oh ya the fans today where amazing . on a down point . i cant make eney more games this season or wembley if we make it . i have my opp on wed and gonna be off me feet the next 8-12 weeks gutted but cant be helped

Player
aldo
the crowd will be interesting for the solihull an hpool games are the fans gonna save for the play off and wembley

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
think micky will keep it the same . only 4 games if you count wembley . let them do the business . oh ya the fans today where amazing . on a down point . i cant make eney more games this season or wembley if we make it . i have my opp on wed and gonna be off me feet the next 8-12 weeks gutted but cant be helped
Sorry to hear that AM.

If the players felt any disappointment after the Macc result, they did not show it today. We controlled the game pretty much from start to finish and could quite easily have scored five or six. It was a really professional performance and I think the players are just enjoying their football at the moment.

Cook and Norwood linked up brilliantly again and could have had two or three goals each. In midfield, I thought Hughes was superb again and Jennings also had a very good game. You could choose any one of those four as man of the match. By contrast, Halifax only had two efforts on goal of note: the first, a header which Davies saved at point blank range after Harris dived in a bit in the right back position; the second, the penalty. Other than that, the back four looked very comfortable again.

The only negatives were Buxton's injury (hopefully he only came off as a precaution) and a poor performance from Cole, who was rightly subbed off. Hopefully it was just a one-off, rather than a reversion to his early season form.

Anything can happen in a ninety minute play-off game, but I am also far more confident than I was this time last year. Our key players are fit and performing and I don't think any of the other play-off contenders look as strong as Shots, Daggers and FGR did last season. Here's hoping.

Player
aldo
thank rocky . am realy gutted but hey ho still got the radio but even then cant be jumping around oh ya season tickets 1750 fantastic best fans in the land .hope we get 3000 target