• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Exeter v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marmite

Player
John Aldridge
prediction

Reckon 3 -0 to Rovers,
If we can't even beat Exeter City we really are stuffed!

muhalo

Player
Pat Nevin
"It's a game we have to perform in and try and get as good as a result as possible. We have to stop conceding goals.

"It would be nice to score and nice to win but I'll be happy if we don't concede, as we have been conceding far too many goals."

I just read this on the BBC. I know I won't, but will anyone else get any sleep tonight after reading this?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
This begs the question why he didn't bring another defender in, rather than a left-winger. Sounds like we'll repeat the 4-4-1-1 formation as at Carlise. We kept a clean sheet in the 1st half, but, even before Logan went the impression was that they were dominating possession. With the squad we've got, the best hope would be blocking the midfield, a 4-2-3-1. I'd have Edds + Welsh/McLaren as the defensive pair and Carole(if match-fit) Mahon & Barnett further forward.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
i think we can win this win.the results have been bad so far but hopefully a win would boost confidence.

i just hope the players can show a bit a carachter and prove to the manager and the fans that they are good enough to wear the shirt.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
i think we can win this one.the players just have to show a bit bottle and prove to the manager and the fans that they are good enough to play for tranmere.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
This begs the question why he didn't bring another defender in, rather than a left-winger. Sounds like we'll repeat the 4-4-1-1 formation as at Carlise. We kept a clean sheet in the 1st half, but, even before Logan went the impression was that they were dominating possession. With the squad we've got, the best hope would be blocking the midfield, a 4-2-3-1. I'd have Edds + Welsh/McLaren as the defensive pair and Carole(if match-fit) Mahon & Barnett further forward.

Agree with this...

Ricketts as target man?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Yeah, Ricketts has the physique of a target man. Haven't seen him play, but Bain might be an option in that role.

DIW

Player
Goodison
This is a game we should win, hopefully the lads are fired up and the new signing Bain will score his first hatrick, I'm still betting he'll score over 20 this season,

Not sure what you are basing that on.

Hell - I'm going for 1-1. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet, but the law of averages says we are due to pick up a point.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The team news is in. Daniels doesn't make it. Mahon and Shuker are dropped down to the bench. Fingers crossed boys and girls!

Tranmere

• 13 Collister
  • 02 Logan
  • 03 Cresswell
  • 05 Goodison
  • 08 Broomes
  • 04 Edds
  • 06 McLaren
  • 11 Welsh
  • 21 Carole
  • 09 Moore
  • 18 Ricketts