• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Exeter v Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK folks, its now time for the customary pre match thread..

Rovers' next game sees them pit all their skills and experience against Exeter City.

Exeter also find themselves struggling at the bottom end of the table with only 6pts out of 7 games.

Good news for Rovers, Exeter are stll to record their first home win this season whilst the bad news being we have yet to score an away goal so it may prove an interesting battle.

There are fitness doubts over keeper Daniels after he need stitches on a leg wound, but Broomes should be fit after recovering from sickness.

More match details and player news as we get it..

Ally

Player
Aldo
Can anyone actually see us winning a game at the moment? I predict this will be an abysmal affair, a shocking advert for League 1 football, with both teams failing to make much of an impact. Perhaps we'll scrape a 0-0 draw, but with our defence playing the way it is under Barnes' (mis)direction I doubt we'll keep a clean sheet.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
This is a game we should win, hopefully the lads are fired up and the new signing Bain will score his first hatrick, I'm still betting he'll score over 20 this season, but I would have to admit I have started to watch ice hockey alot more this season, keep the faith guy's, things and only get better.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I'm afraid that I agree with Ally. Carlisle hadn't won a home game either...then they came up against Rovers.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Im afraid i can only see another defeat, try as hard as i can to be positive i really cant see us getting anything out of the game.

Player
Johnny morrissey
A hard fort 0-0 would go down a treat at the moment and give the players some confidence and something to build on!!
But can't really see us keeping a clean sheet so i will go for 2-2,(but any predictions made by me are in hope and not judgement at the moment):-(

P.s cheers for sorting my account out Ian!!!!:-D

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Welcome to the forums HRF!

As bad as we are right now, I really don't like predicting a loss, so I'll go with the safe option. A draw. 1-1. Ricketts to score. And that would be an improvement!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Sorry lads but I am too full of doom and gloom at the moment and there is absolutely nothing I have seen THUS far to suggest we can beat anyone..........going to predict a 2-0 loss......sorry!:cry:

QuickDrawDan

Player
Jennings
Come on boys! Lets keep our chins up!!!

I can see us winning this one! Although we are absolutly shocking at the moment the Walsal game gave me a glimer of hope. Lets not forget that Barnes was forced to change things at half time. Anyway looking forward now... i reckon... 2-1 win.....yeah 2-1....?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
On our last 3 visits to Exeter, we haven't lost. Won 2 drawn 1. Albeit the last time was 18 years ago! They're not a great side, down near the bottom like us.

It's a game we should be looking at to pick up points. Thats where we usually **** up. But we live in hope. I'd settle for a draw right now, anything to stop the losing streak. Wouldn't be a great result but might feel like it after recent weeks.

Expect Seb Carole to start on the bench.

Player
Johnny morrissey
Team for Exeter Away!!!

My team:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Daniels(if fit)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edds~~~~~~~~Broomes~~~~~~~~~~Goodison~~~~~~Cresswell

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Taylor~~~~~~Welsh~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~Curran~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Barnett~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~T.Moore~~~~~~Ricketts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Subs:
1.Collister
2.Mahon
3.McLaren
4.Shuker
5.Bain
6.Gornell
7.Fraughan

I would really like to leave Goodison out and move Cresswell to L/M.But we don't have a spare C/B & L/B in the squad at the moment(Come on Coach Barnes Get a C/B & L/B in). I know Taylor can play C/B, but would like to see him get some games in midfield while he gets used to the first team then move him back to C/B in a few months time!!!

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Ok here is my go:

------------Collister--------------

Logan-----Broomes- Goodison-----Cresswell

------------Edds-----------------

Barnett------Mahon----------Carole

---------Bain-----Thomas Moore---------

Working on the thought that Daniels will not be fit.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
merged to pre-match thread..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Daniels will be OK.

------------ Daniels--------------

Logan-----Broomes- Goodison-----Cresswell

Barnett---Mahon----McLaren------Carole

---------Bain-----Ricketts---------

Really hated having to put Mclaren into the side, as he's done nothing this season, but I really dont think we have a suitable replacement. Taylor maybe, even Edds, but I'm undecided..

Power and strength of Ricketts alongside the pace of Bain. Two new wingers who may actually do something on the wings and Mahon is much better suited in the middle.

Player
Goodison
At the moment we need to score at least 3 goals to get a draw so I'm not that confident!

Team I would play:

Daniels

Logan Goodison Broomes Creswell

Barnett Edds Taylor Carole

Bain Gornell

Subs: Collister, Fraughan, Thomas-Moore, Ricketts, McLaren, Mahon, Welsh

Player
Johnny morrissey
Forgot Logan was back for this one#-o
But would still keep Edds at R/B & Play Logan R/M in front of him, so Curran will have to drop to subs bench for this one!!!

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Why is everyone dropping John Welsh?

Player
Jimmy Harvey
To be honest Sonkorly I think the midfield in general has been an area that has come up short this season. When I have seen Welsh play he seems to do a lot of running around but without an end product. Ithink a general reshuffle of the midfield may freshen things up.

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
Team I would play:

Daniels

Logan-- Goodison-- Broomes-- Creswell

Barnett --Edds ------Mahon ---Carole

Bain ------Thomas-Moore

Subs: Collister, Fraughan, Gornell, Ricketts, McLaren, Taylor, Welsh

Status
Not open for further replies.