• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Euro 2012

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Thats it for 2 more years, as soon as penalities were awarded we were gonna lose...roll on August and the season start, Tranmere in the prem the summer of the world cup! \\:D/

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Italy were the much better side. At least we saved ourselves an embarassment against Germany.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Italy were the much better side. At least we saved ourselves an embarassment against Germany.

Thats exactly how I felt.
I was surprised we got out of the group to be honest and was gobsmacked we topped it. The problem as a saw it last night was the squad lacked any real depth especially in central midfield. Gerrard and Parker both looked knackered last night as did Rooney. We had nothing to bring off the bench to give them a break. It worries me that when you look at England we really dont have a great deal of talent coming through to replace the likes of Gerrard, Terry, Lampard, Cole and Ferdinand(to a lesser degree)
None of the younger players really shined and we were left to rely on the old guard in Parker, Gerrard, Terry and Cole. Its disappointing but at least we can all get back to moaning about Tranmere:lol:

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Rooney vs Pirlo was a predictable mess

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Having praised England in the earlier matches, last night was depressing from the 25th minute onwards. England sides have historically been unable to keep possession of the ball in these games, even in the years when we had a midfield featuring Robson, Gascoigne, Beckham, Scholes, Lampard........ Unless our basic deficiency in passing the ball round to each other is addressed, including at club and youth level, I think we will continue to be beaten by teams like Italy, who aside from Pirlo I still think are pretty average.

That said, I still think Hodgson deserves credit for getting as far as he did, despite the obvious tactical deficiency in failing to get to grips with Pirlo last night.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Congrats to Spain. Amazing team, can't seem them getting toppled for some time.

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
Congrats to Spain. Amazing team, can't seem them getting toppled for some time.

Like watching Tranmere sometimes it was!!

(Well, they had a half time break too!):cold:

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
Last night very interesting..

So Spain don,t play with strikers so whats the team of the future oponents going to look like..?

No centre halfs (Dieing breed anyway!) ..just ten out field players ?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
To be fair the no striker thing has been around for a while. For the most part, Spain look better with one.