• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Comings and goings

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I think I am right in saying that all the players considered surplus to requirements have now gone?
Yes, you are. George Donnelly has gone to Southport on loan until the end of the season but still has another year after that on his contract. The other six have either moved on or had their contracts paid up. I hope they all get sorted out. Clearly our previous managers rated them. When a new boss is appointed, you can understand why players get worried!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I think once we signed Hume, Fenelon would struggle to make the team. While I think Fenelon added a lot to the team, I'm sure Hume will add more.
The thing that we don't know is how match-fit Humey is. The Indian league finished a little while ago and realistically he's going to need easing back into L2. Fenelon has been patchy rather than consistently good, but Micky has been trying to extend the loan, so must see a role for him...were he available.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fenelon is not great in the eighteen yard box - as we saw again on Saturday - but his energy and workrate gives us something different up front and it would be good to keep hold of him. Whatever other qualities Humey has, he is not going to be able to run in behind and stretch teams now as he could as an eighteen year old.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Fenelon has gone back to Brighton. Given the departures of Baggie, Richards & Rowe I thought we might try and keep him but wasn't to be.

He did well in his time and whilst not a natural goalscorer, was dangerous with his pace and worked very hard.

drwhoman

I suspect we did try to keep him but Brighton are in trouble so it is all hands to the pumps! Not so desperate an outcome as it might have been a short while ago.

andrewesq

Faith Light Strength
Player
Billy Woods
44 players have come in now, this is just bonkers!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I suspect we did try to keep him but Brighton are in trouble so it is all hands to the pumps! Not so desperate an outcome as it might have been a short while ago.
Not so. He's gone on loan to Dag & Red. We should see him again on Saturday.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Wonder why Brighton wouldn't let us extend his loan, if he's gone out again. After Rory, the best of MAs forward loans. Hope we don't see him on the scoresheet!

Brightonian

Player
Ian Goodison, James Norwood
I agree Boz he was a really good acquisition, always a threat with his pace, worked hard, could handle himself and has been missed. According to the Brighton grapevine the club wanted him to gain experience playing first team football but he preferred to be based back in the south.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Admittedly, from what we have to compare, he wasn't bad for us, although he could do with working on his finishing.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Haha, I think we can all write the script.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Donacien back on months loan 6 loan players now what a farce