• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

League Two Colchester (2) v Rovers (0)

Match result

• Colchester

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Tranmere

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Colchester (2) v Rovers (0)
Posted by Ian
Jobserve Stadium
Saturday, September 9, 2023 - 03:00 PM
Until: Saturday, September 9, 2023 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Status
Not open for further replies.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Sorry to say it but i am i hate losing but it has to stopthe only problem is mp has a habit of hiring muppets mm apart

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Being honest here, how many people are hoping we lose tomorrow? I'm looking at the bigger picture! :speechless:
I’m not convinced that Dawes will go if we lose tomorrow. More likely it depends how Rovers are fixed at the end of this month before/after the Accrington game.

If he does get the push then the most likely option is Danns with Adkins continuing as before. Doubt that would significantly improve us though the assistant is an unknown quantity. If not Danns then he will take over in some caretaker capacity pending the next appointment.

My main wish is that Rovers stay up this season, though something better would be nice if unrealistic at present. So while I don’t rate Dawes, would sooner we got the points than lose to expedite his departure..

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
If he does get the push then the most likely option is Danns with Adkins continuing as before. Doubt that would significantly improve us though the assistant is an unknown quantity. If not Danns then he will take over in some caretaker capacity pending the next appointment.
We don't actually know who Palios will appoint if our league status is threatened, or what kind of improvement could be effected by a managerial change. Although as it stands, it is hard to imagine Danns doing a worse job than Dawes.

I want Dawes gone as soon as possible for the sake of the club, irrespective of individual results.

Player
Ian Goodison
Speaking to someone high up at the club Dawes has to win tomorrow or he is gone.

David Artell accepted the job in the summer but changed his mind then Dawes was appointed.

Nigel has no interest in managing the club he wants to be up North to spend more time with his parents.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Speaking to someone high up at the club Dawes has to win tomorrow or he is gone.
I suppose it's a bit of nonsense really and there has to be a cut off somewhere, but if we did win tomorrow does that mean he's in the clear for the rest of the season, next 6 games, what? Winning tomorrow won't change the fact that he isn't a very good manager not that I think we will.

Player
Ian Goodison
Mark doesn't want to sack a manager six (league) games into the season.

It is a matter of when not if.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I hate losing!
I hate that I'm put in this position to want to answer that question!
I hate that I have no confidence in our manager, the process of opting for a untried inexperienced cheap option again!
I hate that I'm fearful for a return to non league football.
And I hate that the club is in such a state, to be in a relegation battle from the get go!
I hate the fact that the club has not learned the lessons from the double relegation! We seem to be back to that time!
I hate losing! And I hate that we need to sack someone to once again, try and improve the club's results!
It shouldn't be like this!
However, I have no idea or confidence in getting a win tomorrow! Never mind if we will win one soon!
From what I have seen so far, the squad may be good enough, but not how we perform!

33 degrees expected at kick off so it could be a bit of a lottery!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Mark doesn't want to sack a manager six (league) games into the season.

It is a matter of when not if.
If by some means miraculous or otherwise, Dawes does start getting some points on the board, why would Mark get rid of him then? His ideal would surely be Dawes getting the team to deliver. Unlikely as that sounds…

Player
Goodison
Should have sacked him first game of the season when he turned up dressed like a shoplifter.

I do think it’s a nonsense when you’re in the ‘win the next game or your sacked’ territory, just sack him, admit it was a mistake and move on if that’s the mindset!

If there’s a view on delaying a sacking because of the aesthetics of removing a manager so early in the season, then they aren’t basing their decisions on the best interests of the club.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
As much as I want Dawes gone, I can never want us to lose and agree with roverstillidie that he should be sacked regardless of today's result as its clear he's not upto the job.

Player
Ged Brennan, Big Steve McNulty,
Manager
Mickey Mellon, Johnny King.
I forgot to add that once again, I hate the fact that many season ticket holders were lead to believe that purchasing one would be a good thing! And he worth the increase in prices again!

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
FFS hawkes on the bench again. Assume Yarney at RB with Pike at LB who mustn’t be suspended. New lad wood on the bench

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
And Morris starts again who has been poor for weeks

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
3 at the back and wing-backs or 433 again? Can understand Wood being on the bench as likely to be short of match fitness but unconvinced the rest of the side put out is our strongest available team.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
3 at the back and wing-backs or 433 again? Can understand Wood being on the bench as likely to be short of match fitness but unconvinced the rest of the side put out is our strongest available team.
Yes I thought possible 5 at the back with Morris and Pike as wing backs. Jennings behind a front two of Dennis and Taylor but we shall see.

Player
Goodison
There’s a very small chance it’s 4-4-2 with morris and Jennings wide, yes I’m looking out the window to see if there’s any flying pigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.