• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Can we make the play-offs?

Can TRFC make the play-offs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
M

mouse

Key remaining fixtures

Doncaster v Forest
Tranmere v Swindon
Leeds v Brighton
Port

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'll merge this into the 'can we make the play-offs thread'..

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well, let's look at the last six games we have, them all being key games now.

Swindon (h)
Walsall (a)
Nottm Forest (h)
Huddersfield (a)
Southend (h)
Northampton (a)

Ok, I think we'll beat Swindle, beat Walsall (they aint great), draw at home to Forest, lose to Huddersfield (because we always do!), and beat Southend and Northampton. That's 13 points. Will it be enough? :-k

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think 13 points will be enough... but I personally think we'll lose to Forest and Southend. Two big games at PP and lately we always bottle big league matches at PP.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Couple of big games last night, and not the results we wanted really.

Carlisle - Nottm Forest 0-2
Gillingham - Luton 2-1
Doncaster - Leeds 0-1

Forest winning means they are now four points ahead of us.
Doncaster nerves seems to be getting the better of them as they go down 1-0 at home meaning Leeds are a point behind us now with a game in hand. It's certainly very tight up there.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yes not what i'd hoped for or expected from those results. From what i've read Doncaster where a bit unlucky last night so let's hope it was lucky for Leeds and that they are not starting a good run of form. Forest was a big blow too... 4pts ahead with a game in hand a decent run in.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Leeds are putting themselves in a good position to pip us imo. Game in hand, just a point behind us. It would be terrible if they did pip us to that last play of position...

Come on Rovers!!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Working in Leeds, I've been told by those in the know that they're very confident about getting their points restored. Nothing's ever certain... but Rovers have to aim for 5th to allow us to make the play-offs.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Started now TT :). But, yes, I think we're all just a little bit pissed off and anxious now. Annoyed that Leeds have now overtaken us, especially after our brilliant away result against them. So.. four games to go. Two home, two away. I'm not at all confident about our remaining away games, just because of our recent away form. We have to win our last to home games and win at least one of them away games. Will 3 wins and a draw be enough? 72 points. I'm not certain..

It all comes down to Saturday's game. Home at Forest. If we lose, it's goodnight. If we win, we still have a chance.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Let's not forget, there's some important games tonight at the top. Can Swansea achieve promotion? and will Forest go even further ahead if they win tonight (could be 10 pts ahead of us)..

and what about the tie against Southend v Brighton?
If Southend win, they'll be 9 pts ahead of us, if Brighton win, we move down to 8th!

Carlisle v Swansea
Nottm Forest v Bristol Rovers
Southend v Brighton

It looks a bit grim doesn't it. Has everyone given up now? Seems very quiet on here after the Walsall game?!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
From a Rovers perspective;

Don't mind who wins the Carlisle v Swansea game, neither in reach of us. I've a soft spot for Swansea and would like them to go up.
Forest v Bristol Rovers. Could do with the Pirates getting something out of this one, ideally with a few injuries and red cards for Forest as well.
Southend v Brighton. Think it would be best for Rovers as a draw or away win, even though we drop a place with the latter.

So 3 home wins it is then:roll:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Carlisle 0-0 Swansea
Nottm Forest 1-1 Bristol Rovers
Southend 2-0 Brighton

--------

Not too bad. Brigton lost which was good.
I think there will be a few teams fighting for the 6th place, as I know believe there's too much of a gap from 5th upwards..

Anyone from Leeds, Tranmere, Walsall and Brighton.
Leeds definately the ones to watch from now on..

Leeds have a tough run in simply because of the away games. Three away games in a row (Huddersfield, Millwall & Yeovil) followed by a home game to Gillingham. They play Carlisle at home on Sat. Come on Carlisle!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Just been looking at last season's table. We finished on 67 points and ended up 9th! Hmm.. Would it be a little crazy to suggest we finish on the same amount of points this season?

You're looking at getting into the 70's for play-offs..

Ally

Player
Aldo
There was that season a few years ago where we got 80 points and still finished outside the top 6. That was harsh. This time, well, we just need to win them all really don't we. Leeds won't get their points back, but have to be favourites for that 6th spot. Finishing 7th would be rubbish. :x

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Leeds won't get their points back, but have to be favourites for that 6th spot.
How can you be so confident of that? As I've said before, all the signs are they will get at least some points if not all of them back. If that happens, then the Southend win last night was very bad news and 6th place will be a battle between Forest, Rovers and Walsall. Given Forest are 8points clear of us at present, it doesn't look good.:cry:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Have to agree with Ally. It's too late for Leeds to be given any points back, I really can't see that happening. Imagine the team who beat them to 6th place, only for it to be taken away with Leeds winning points back. There would be uproar, because you're in effect punishing a team for Leeds' downfall.. Imagine if that 6th place team was us?!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Apparently the decision on Leeds getting points back is due next week

Player
Johnny Morrissey
The play offs are slipping away, hopefully Leeds won't get any points back after all, they deserved that penalty for the shannanagins last season/summer. But they are in form, whereas we seem to be stuttering at the important stage. Its all about momentum, and we are sadly lacking. And with Forest upcoming, that is a MUST win at ALL costs! No victory, no play offs, its crunch time!