• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Boreham Wood v Rovers

M

Mal

Cold but no snow here in East London yet. Forecast has light snow in Borehamwood till 11 then none from then. 0 degrees though so we will see re. state of pitch. Nothing on their site about a pitch inspection though. Just started to snow here. Quite light.

Last edited by a moderator:
Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Tweets by ‎@BOREHAM_WOODFC

1. Boreham Wood FC

@BOREHAM_WOODFC

A pitch inspection will take place at 11am this morning, following a larger than expected snowfall
    26aa.png
    26ab.png

M

Mal

And to think Tranmere played Chelsea on a pitch worse than that in the early sixties ;o) of course, players didn't wear slippers then, if you excuse the pun.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
And to think Tranmere played Chelsea on a pitch worse than that in the early sixties ;o) of course, players didn't wear slippers then, if you excuse the pun.
Yes, and I was there. Those were the days! Although even then, the Chelsea team came out wearing gloves!

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Further snow is expected, so even if the pitch is passed at 11, things may change for the worse.

M

Mal

. No update yet. I may as well make the journey. Worst case is having to have a pint in the pub.....

M

Mal

Oh well worst scenario is a pint in one of the pubs. Although pitch doesn't look that bad in the latest photo. I suppose they will have to draw a line on when a decision is made..

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Still snowing quite heavily here. Conditions will make it a lottery I think.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Unchanged side, so Harris not banned. Same subs too.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well that half sounded rubbish. We need to win this game !

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Sounds poor from Rovers, the hosts hit the woodwork twice and McNulty could have given away a penalty, while the goal came from a set piece. Norwood hardly mentioned in commentary, which is unusual.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Nors get us back in it and just when you think we’ll go on and win it we concede again.

Sounds like we never turned up first half and you can’t do that against a decent BW side. Another poor result beckons against a top side rival. Results going our way too.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Not good enough today. We did nothing in the first half, better in the second but wood had the better chances over ninety minutes.

M

Mal

Borehamwood deserved the win. Just defrosting. Only saving grace is Macclesfield and Sutton also losing and Wrexham and aldershot drawing.

drwhoman

Very very disappointing. I am currently kicking a hole in the wall particularly after other results went our way. What is up with these....... players. No doubt the conditions will be blamed but two teams had to play in them. It is increasingly looking like another season in the wretched NL. Even is we make the play offs the players seem unable to beat the better teams. They have the ability but when the chips are down? This may sound harsh particularly to the brave people who went, but this is the business end of the season when the mentally strong teams stand up.