• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

ANOTHER new signing!! (Andy Robinson)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Andy Robinson - till the end of the season. Am well pleased with this one

(another midfielder but of proven quality at this level)

Player
Jimmy Harvey
I heard this was going to happen yesterday, good signing. I hope the other signing of a lad from chelsea is also true

Player
Johnny morrissey
Well chuffed I think he will play on the left as one of the three strikers???
The possition ITM plays in

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
To be fair, that's not a bad signing, but I thought he was a midfielder more than a striker. Ahh whatever he is, he'll bring some grit and a bit more quality to the team.

Doesn't possess great pace but he can play it well on the ground, let's hope we see more football played on the grass!

Les aid =D>

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Didn't think we'd get anyone of any experience and quality so pleased with this. He's gonna play up as part of a front 3 isn't he, so this is the striker Les has targeted. Always been a threat against us, lets hope he can turn it on again as he hasn't played for a fair old while.

Welcome back Andy, please forgive me for all the times I've booed you for scoring against us! (Yes I'm a fickle fan!)

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Let's hope he'll make amends for last time

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
I am delighted with all the signings to be honest. A few weeks ago there was no way I imagined we would be bolstering three areas of the team, so well done to all the fans who dipped into their pockets for Les Aid and made it happen.

Robinson was (hopefully is) one of the best players in the division when he was on form, and probably has more quality than all but two or three of our squad members. He is also a lifelong Rovers fan, which I think counts for a lot in our position, and it would be great if he could provide the goals to keep his hometown club up.

You would imagine any left back in the Chelsea set up would be decent, and the midfield has been crying out for more creativity: if Les doesn't think Mahon and Barnett are up to it, why not give Labadie a go ?

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
No complaints about this one. Leeds fans I work with are a little surprised he hasn't been given some chances from the bench, but for some reason their current manager doesn't rate. Questions about how match-fit he is do arise, Robbo looks a touch chubby these days.

Player
Goodison
I'm hoping this means Curran might be dropped with Robinson taking his place on the wing with ITM and Savage taking up the other two positions. Hopefully Robinson will provide that creative spark the side has been lacking.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Red card on his debut.

Audacious.

Can we send him back

Audacious is not the word I'd have used but I suppose we have to show restraint.

Robinson on loan until the end of season.....hope we have it in the agreement we can send him back. What a fool he is, but will he be allowed to take out of the Les aid fund while not being available?

Yes, I advocate having a go physically, but not trying to maim someone and then being of no further use to the team. If we cant send him packing fine him his wages - who else gets paid in full when being disqualified from doing his job.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I saw the challenge on the highlights reel today and it was plain stupid. To fly in with such force, what was he thinking?

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Yeah it was a poor tackle. Deserved a red card, and yes, a waste of the 'fans' money to bring him here while he will sit out the next few games.

Actually believed he could have been a really good signing, not much use to us in the stands though.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Crucify him!

I find some of this a bit OTT. Firstly, Les knew what type of player Robinson was both in terms of skill and temprament and felt it was a risk worth taking. While the worst possible start, we'll only know by the end of the season if Les' gamble has paid off. Secondly, Barnett got sent off for a two footed tackle within minutes of coming on away at Hartlepool. Don't remember BootleRover demanding that Charlie get exiled to Siberia as a consequence then, or even express a word of criticism.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Boz, I think what's getting people's backs up most is the fact he was brought in with the money from Les Aid, which as someone else mentioned on here, you may as well throw the money down the drain as he's now got to sit out for three games.

I'm assuming he wasn't cheap to get in and couldn't have done it without Les aid, money donated by the fans. Takes the piss a little.

Never-mind the fact that Robinson is probably one of the better players we have and in this crucial stage of the season, he get's suspended. Well done Andy!

I said the same about Goodison last season when he stupidly missed crucial games at the end of last season due to a reckless challenge.

And how often has Charlie played since then....maybe he was in Siberia.
Fans will be even more narked by Robinsons sending off though- its throwing away the extra we've put in. Unforgiveable.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I take the point, but reiterate that we've got to back Les' judgement over this. Les was aware of the risks inherent in the LesAid money, not just in relation to Robinson. What for example happens if the player brought in scores the og or misses a penalty that sends us down?

Player
Goodison
How many other players have been sent off on their debut for Rovers? There can't be that many...

Player
Johnny Morrissey
One for the stattos! Don't know mate. But you're right, there can't be that many.

I made the comment I made in the heat of the moment regarding Robbo and the waste of Les Aid money. Football is a passionate game, and he obviously got frustrated and it bubbled over and he got the red card.

He'll miss 3 games but who is to say he can't make a difference in the 5 or 6 (I can't count) remaining games until the end of the season. It's time for the players we actually own to step up to the plate and fight for the cause, for the club and for the supporters. There is some talent in that team, we need to show it.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
How many other players have been sent off on their debut for Rovers? There can't be that many...

Think Seyni N'Daiye was, might be wrong.

Not sure why people are quite so upset over Robbo getting a red.