• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Alan Mahon out till at least November

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Pretty hard to begrudge a young player a move from Tranmere to Lisbon IMO

I dont think classing Mahon in a similar category to Sean Thornton is very fair to be honest. This whole, "he went to Sporting Lisbon so he got all the money" sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. I don't think any compensation fee would have had much effect on the contract he was offered - you have a seperate wage and transfer budget.

Perhaps he just went to Portugal as it's quite a nice country to live in weather wise and playing abroad is a completely different experience? Not to mention Sporting Lisbon are quite a big club in comparision to Tranmere and other top championship, lower premiership clubs at the time.

If you want to blame anyone for not getting compensation for Mahon you should blame the club, they obviously didn't offer him a long enough deal in the first place which would have enabled us to get a fee for him.

Yeah exactly this, couldnt agree more.

Ian yeah he was sat on the bench and no he didn't contribute much but he didn't get the oppertunity to.