• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

What is going on with our throw-ins????

is it just me but has anyone else noticed that when stockdale takes throw-ins none of our players seem to move. our tallest player, taylor seems to always try and stand as far away from robbie as possible, sometimes at the opposite edge of the box!!! ive seen this at every game so far, im just confused by it. maybe i still yearn for a missile from challinor ( just kidding )

has anyone else seen this???

T

The Golden Aldo Era

To be fair, the goal we scored against Bristol cam from a throw-in, all be it from Sherrrrrif, but Taylor was on the far side of the box with the head down from the cross, for Mullin to fire home and he did in style! Perhaps this is one of those 'deadly from set pieces' plays, Uncle Ronnie was talking about, but i wouldn't call a throw in a set piece thoug!! Mind don't care how we score so long as we do and we win!! Cummon the S.W.A!!!!!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
This is one of those areas where the movement of Gary Jones, yes I said movement, made a big difference. He always but always made himself available to trap the ball and lay it off or to head it on. Just another of those undervalued qualities he had.

Bringing things around to present times, yes there does seem to be a lack of movement when we get a throw in, save for the duracell bunny himself Chris Shuker who just keeps going and going.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
To be fair, the goal we scored against Bristol cam from a throw-in, all be it from Sherrrrrif, but Taylor was on the far side of the box with the head down from the cross, for Mullin to fire home and he did in style!

?????

I watched the goal on tranmere world and it wasn't a throw in, it was a lob from just past the halfway line with his left foot. Or am I looking at the wrong game???

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Greenacre's header which was saved came from a throw in which was knocked back to Sherriff to cross from Mclaren. That was shown on tranmere world.