• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Walsall v Rovers CC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I predicted we'd lose the first three and while Saturday hasn't changed my mind, this is our best hope of a result out of them.
I would expect a similar starting line-up to Oldham, save if Darville isn't allowed to play in the terms of his loan, Blanchard will replace him. If Darville is to play, or if Cathalina is fit to, Blanchard may replace Wood at the back. Not expecting to see Fraughan ahead of McLaren initially. Given it's the day when the board are considering ITMs transfer request, will be interesting to see if he is kept out of the side. Personally think there are no options than to play him.

Prediction 2-0 to the home side.

Player
Goodison
Hopefully Les might see sense and change to 4-4-2 but somehow I doubt he will. If he does persist with 4-3-3, I hope he drops either Ricketts (Enoch) or Gornell and plays Fraughan wide left in the front 3, with ITM (If he's still with us) down the right and preferably Gornell up front. I would like to see Bakayogo replace Creswell as although Creswell had a decent game, Zoom is a much better full back.

Prediction: 0-1 Tranmere with a glorious last minute volley from ZOOM as Rovers begin there ultimately cup winning Carling Cup campaign :shock:

Team I would like to see play:

Nielsen

Cathalina (if fit otherwise Creswell) Blanchard Goodison Bakayogo

Power Welsh Labadie Fraughan

Gornell ITM (If he's gone - Jennings)

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
I'm sort of glad this match is being played on a weeknight cause I probably would have made the journey otherwise and ultimately regretted it.

I think we'll lose obviously, but would settle for an improvement on Saturday.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
jennings still injured think keeper on international duty as much as i want us to win think 1 0 to them.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think it's fair to assume it's going to be the old 4-3-3 with the usual suspects. I can't imagine this being a great game with maybe 1 goal in it. Hopefully that goal being scored by us.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Adam Mcgurk has joined on a non contract basis and is on the bench tonight, he played against liverpool but went off injured.

1 up at half time

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Well happy with that result much needed ahead of a very hard game on saturday cant wait for the draw tomorrow night.

drwhoman

WALSALL GAME

Well knock me down with a feather! Good result. I see McGurk has signed. From what I read he was one of the better preseason trialists. Good pedigree ex Villa as well. In Les we trust!

Player
Goodison
Ian Goodison na na na na Goodison Goodison Goal Machine Goodison na na na na na=D>=D>=D>

And I got my prediction right, well the score anyway!

Player
Goodison
Anyone else noticed that we only win away games wearing white?

DIW

Player
Goodison
WE are brilliant. Promotion and Wembley here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Adam Mcgurk has joined on a non contract basis and is on the bench tonight, he played against liverpool but went off injured.

1 up at half time
I think this guy showed early promise but has had terrible problems with injuries which have set him back over the years.

EDIT: yes, we are brilliant as was my prediction ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.