• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wallace

WildRover

Player
Kevin Gray (ha!)
That's excellent news!! 2 year contract as well, so if he lived up to his potential we can get cash for him too! Who else can we get now?

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Massive signing. Fair play to RM.

Next season could be good.

Player
Nixon
I did call this as I did with the Akpro :lol::lol:

Made up he has signed a real plus for our team.... watch this space Preston.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Fantastic and unexpected signing. It is interesting to contrast the attitude of Wallace with Welsh, when the former actually had much better options available to him.

A midfield featuring Robinson and Wallace certainly makes me excited about next season.

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
excellant signing..

did we have to give everton a 80% sell on clause as MB suggests .......

drwhoman

Well knock me over with a feather! Great for the fans and, I suspect, for the team. Has to be a better option for him than taking his chance in the Preston 'new' team. A regular game every week assured and less far to travel to train and play.

drwhoman

Ronnie's comments imply that he will be captain. A big call for a 20 year old but if you are good enough....

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
According to Everton websites they have got a substantial sell-on clause, as suggested above.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Superb! Delighted with this.

Altogether now..

Ronnie Moores SWA!!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Pleasantly surprised at this signing, given the competition and the fact that we've actually paid money for Wallace. Not too bothered that any sell-on money will mostly head to Everton.

A bit surprised that Ronnie would make him captain ahead of say Ash Taylor. I think that we still need another midfielder, given that James' combative nature means he's likely to pick up a few suspensions during the course of the season.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Great signing, think we are still short a left back, another central midfielder and 2 wingers and a sub keeper. I know am being greedy!!!

I was told by someone at the club we had been talking to John Harley dont know how true that is.(left back)

Would love to see us bring in someone like Anthony Kay as Ronnie stated in an interview last night on Merseyside he is in advanced talks with a Championship midfielder to bring in on loan.

Things are certainly looking on the up. Although I believe that negotiations with that Campbell Ryce have broken down. I have faith in Ronnie that we will be in good shape come ko against Chesterfield in the league cup.\\:D/

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I have faith in Ronnie that we will be in good shape come ko against Chesterfield in the league cup.\\:D/
You can be certain of that.

Discussions about captaincy may have been a deciding factor in getting his signature. He was probably holding all the cards anyway. None-the-less we've got him for 2 years, that's what counts.