• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Wallace

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Definitely. I hope something comes of it. He'd be worth paying a fee for as I expect his value would rise (like Andy Taylor) as he got regular games in the shop window of League One.

But I always wonder where these stories come from. It may have been leaked by Wallace's agent to alert other clubs of his availability. I just hope he doesn't end up at Preston. 8-[

TRFCJason

Player
John Aldridge
totally agree, but surely Preston can't afford many more players

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Fingers crossed. He'd be a great addition to the squad.

Player
Jimmy Harvey
Wallace is away on holiday and is mulling over 2 offers one from us and another from................PRESTON!

I believe Robbo is trying to persuade him to join us rather than becoming a bench warmer for Preston, heres hoping he sees sense and comes here.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
He's guaranteed games if he comes here. Plus, he knows the setup etc.. 1 or 2 years playing here wouldn't do him any harm. Who knows, with Ronnie in charge, we usually end up towards the top end of the table anyway. Do it Wallace, you know it makes sense.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Yeah he is better off coming here imo. Preston signed another centre mid last week (cant remember his name) so there is much more chance of 1st team footie with us when the only other centre mids we have are Harrison and Power

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I've got to agree with everyone else on this although we are all biased. In fairness to Welsh and Buchanan, at their stage in their career, the extra cash available at Deepdale will be important. However, Wallace can't afford to spend any more time in reserve teams. He needs first team experience if he is to develop and first team exposure if he wants a move to a better club. He needs to be told this by Ronnie and be promised we won't stand in his way if a sensible offer comes in from a good Championship club. He can quote Andy Taylor and Dale Jennings as example of how players can develop at Rovers when they have been released by Premiership clubs.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
If i were him (i.e unbiased) I'd go to Preston...we'll see.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Would be a cracking signing but i fear he will go preston

drwhoman

Would be great if he signed. The Manager at Preston must really fancy himself. He signed a guy called Keane the other day which must make it about eleven new signings this summer. So he thinks he is going to turn them into a promotion team in one season? If he does it he really will be a superman! You do need some continuity. There must have been one or two half decent players already there? Alternatively, he could be looking for a new gig about January and Welsh and Buchanan will be looking longingly towards good old Prenton!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Trying to be neutral and if Wallace was free to move anywhere in the country, he'd be best trying to engineer a switch to one of the promotion contenders like the Blades or Franchise.

Preston are adopting a risky strategy. There will only be a few players left from last season, including Iain Hume and perhaps former Rovers loanee Danny Mayor. However as well as recruiting 11 players already, there are some players under contract who Westley doesn't want. If they don't fancy a move (and Preston pay better than many) they'll stick around and take the cash. How this will square with the Financial Fair Play arrangements is debatable. If the new recruits don't gel, there could be real problems for them.

tea for two

Player
johnny morrissey
it would be good to get ian Hume back but i doubt he would come to be honest.humey is a crowd favorite at Prenton park.

as for James Wallace like you said on here only time will tell.\\:D/

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Hope we get Wallace, but I reckon he is at least one division better than ours. Thought he was better than Baxter and will play in Prem.

Player
Liam Palmer
I'd LOVE Wallace to sign for us, but I would be shocked if he did. Is he still under contract at Everton? If so, why would they let him go to a L1 team with no money to scrape together a transfer fee? If Everton were to release him (why?) surely there would be a queue of Championship clubs (never mind Sheffield United and dare I say it Preston) willing to sign him.

Signing him could be the difference between an average season and a good one. I'll celebrate if it happens, but cannot believe it will....

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I expect Wallace is a virtual unknown to most managers. Unfortunately, Wallace was at Stevenage last season, where the manager was Graham Westley - yes, the new man at Deepdale. That explains their interest. So, I'd say Preston are probably favourites, but I've not given up hope. It's better for someone with his age and experience to play regularly in League 1. That's more likely with Rovers.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Obviously I am desperate for Wallace to sign for us, but I think he would actually be a clear first choice at Deepdale should he go there (he is better than Welsh anyway !); add in the fact that he would be on three times the salary we can offer him and I think PNE is his likely destination. Hope I'm wrong though.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
As I have mentioned previoulsy Wallace was better than Baxter, Wesh etc. He could play Championship now and will go onto play top level with ease. Would love to have him, but I will be astonished if it happens.
Given the signings, nowhere near Wallace level, that are trundling through on Sky and we are not involved in them, I think we will have to wait a while until they get down to our level.:-k

frenchrover

Player
aldo
Great news....Wallace signs a 2 year deal joining Rovers from Everton for an undisclosed fee. C'mon