• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TRFC vs MK Dons

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Yeap that might give Geenacre some confidence and he might start banging them in again but in that little patch he had it always looked like he was going to come out of it soon.

DixieDean

seeing as we didnt win a home league game in september or in october i'd be leaning towards a draw, but surely we'll beat MK Dongs!!!

I'll go for 2-0

S

Seanyb

I dunno what it is, but I've got a massive confidence boost with Rovers recently, despite the poor form. I think what it is that BL has noticed he had to make chnges sooner rather then later and he's proved this by getting rid of Summerbee and playing a positive 4-3-3 formation.

3-0 my prediction. Zola, Greenacre and jennings.

Joe_TRFC said:
To be honest I can't see a 4-0 win even if we are improving. I think we will win but it will be a tough game. Brain will stick with the same team or just take Rankine out for O'leary. My prediction is...

Tranmere 3-1 MK Dons.

not that tight then joe?

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Well its not like 3-1 is a walkover is it... For instance I was thinking that it may be a close 2-1 for a while with us maybe getting a 3rd late on to seal the win. What I meant was it will be a tough game and I can't see 4-0... but then I wouldn't rule it out completely either... although with Tranmere you wouldn't rule out 4-0 to MK Dons!

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
MK Dons are annoyingly not as bad as I'd like them to be, and I can see this being a really difficult one.

I'm hoping that our fans will be quite vocal at this one and will give us the edge for a 2-1 win, BUT my prediction is 1-1 and some people in the home stands getting very stressed out.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Intresting poll results on the main page.
87% want to see O'Leary instead of Harrison on Sat even though O'Leary has only played one full game for the whites.

Harrison aint got many fans then :lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

Ian said:
Harrison aint got many fans then :lol:

I like Danny. I feel he has come on leaps and bounds under Little, when he was an awful player, and some may think he still is. I feel O'Leary is better than Danny, but Danny can still do a job for us if he puts his back in.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I'm a fan of danny but this sat id rather play oleary then harrison.

smilingmart

The Racing Post has put up MK Dons to beat us today.

The headline is

'DONS UNDERRATED AGAINST UNSETTLED TRANMERE'

They cite the Dons losing just once in their last eight, and the return of Dean Lewington, Pablo Mills and Stephen Quinn (loan) as reasons for an away win. They also say we havent collected 3 points at home since August and have drawn 4 of out last 7 home league games. The article mentions Brian Little tinkering too much as well.

Lets hope theyre wrong! :?

C

championship_here_we_come

3-1
scorers in order
greenacre
Mcleod
davies
o'leary late on

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
ohh... yeah

jacko in the back of the net!!

1-0 to the whites. :D

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Header from a Jennings free kick... although Achto has had to make a couple of excellent saves!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
60% possession for the Dons.
Lets push this on and try to finish off the game.

I'm always weary about 2nd halves...

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
We always seem to need a 2nd... so lets hope we push for one. The MK Dons do sound dangerous though... especially the two frontmen Platt and McLeod.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
2-1 down... the same as last week two goals given away in quick succession although this time there can be no complaining. Why do we do this!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm I see that right!
WTF is going on?!?!!

Arghh, the curse of the second half continues.. :evil:

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Sharps gave away a penno and then we gave it away from the kick off and McLeod rounded Achterberg and scored. If anything they sound more like getting a 3rd! We are in a relegation battle this season for sure now. I didn't think we would ever struggle in this league.

smilingmart

Looks like the Racing Post was right.

That was a woeful TRFC performance. The worst Ive seen in a long time.

Dreadful, really really poor. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.