• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

TRFC v Udders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Well another massive game looms and one that will be a tough one.

Les has several dilemmas, the usual in terms of who will be up top. Assume Chicken if fit will be there.

Expect Wallace to make his home debut with Rabchubka making his last appearance for us.

I just hope that the crowd arent too criticial early on. Surely they dont expect us to dominate but if we can stay in the game who knows. A point would be a good result.

Will there be anymore Parry Out banners/chanting ? Lets hope not as this realistically isnt a game we have a good chance of winning. Wycombe next week a more critical game. But if things go bad early on you fear for how the match could turn out....

I expect the team to be:

Rachubka
Homles Goodi McChrystal Buchanan
Wallace Weir Welsh
Akins Chicken McGurk

Unless he brings Ash in somewhere to try and help stop the service to Jordan Rhodes.

M

Mal

Anyone else heard a rumour of a Stoke city striker joining us on loan?

DIW

Player
Goodison
Probably a twatting, but who knows, we're also more likely to get a result against a decent team.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
We havent beaten any of the top teams this season and i cant see us beating Huddersfield 2 0 to them.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
The natives here seem fairly confident and who can blame them?

Adam McGurk has only just resumed training, so would be surprised if he started, but replace him with LEA in Sparky's suggested line-up and I think that's fairly close to what Les might opt for. Perhaps with Ash rather than Weir if he goes for a park the bus approach.

Mal, there was mention on another site of Ryan Brunt a Stoke youth player joining on loan, but nothing on any official site or the lads twitter page, so not expecting anything in time for Saturday.

Prediction: Should be a reasonable crowd ~6.2k bolstered by the away following. We've lost the last 3 homes against Udders and I don't expect any change. The main aim will be to keep the scoreline respectable.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Mal, there was mention on another site of Ryan Brunt a Stoke youth player joining on loan, but nothing on any official site or the lads twitter page, so not expecting anything in time for Saturday.
I'd prefer someone with experience but doubt we'll get anyone now. Our best hope is for a promising youngster needing first-team experience. Ryan Brunt has just spent two months on loan at Luton and scored precisely nil goals in the Conference. Not the best reference.

We've lost the last 3 homes against Udders and I don't expect any change. The main aim will be to keep the scoreline respectable.
I think we'll keep the score down to say 2-0, but I don't think we'll win. It seems the days are gone when Les's teams could beat the top teams (remember Southampton and Norwich in his first season and Sheffield Wednesday and Saints again last season). Now the games are closer and usually go on form. We don't get tonked any more but we don't excite.

Player
Goodison
Mastermind Parry's answer to our lack of goalscoring? Sign a 6ft 1 unproven striker from Stoke to hoof it at.

SonkORLY?

Player
Eddy Sonko
Mastermind Parry's answer to our lack of goalscoring? Sign a 6ft 1 unproven striker from Stoke to hoof it at.

Yes - how dare Parry sign a striker on loan?

****ing hell, cheer up.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Performances against Huddersfield have generally been good since Les took over, but with the exception of a pulsating 3-3 draw at the Galpharm in 2009 we have lost every game. We certainly owe them one, and given our legendary unpredictability in such matches, I think we might actually get something tomorrow.

DIW

Player
Goodison
Yeah I'm reserving judgement on the crap striker until I've seen him. :wink:

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
There was also a 0-0 at the Galpharm the start of 2010-11 season.

My preference would be for the loanee striker to start on the bench and come on, rather than fling him in from the off, Sam Mantom style.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Forgot about that one.

The only real option would be for Brunt to replace Tiryaki in a straight swap, as I would imagine that on this occasion Parry has not brought in a striker to play him out wide. I would imagine that Mustafa will start, but as Les doesn't rate him much, who knows ?

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I've got a horrible feeling about this game. As long as we give the effort, you can't ask for more. Worried about where the goals are going to come from, the usual issues.. surely we have to turn fortunes around soon. Let's give the loanees a chance, they may prove to be useful additions to the squad.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Despite what I've said on this thread, I do welcome the new guy and wish him luck. I hope he proves me wrong. But I would be amazed if he started tomorrow. He won't have had a proper training session, so to throw him in for his league debut would be cruel to both him and Muzzy. He isn't even in Stoke's reserve squad. Better to leave him on the bench and bring him on some time in the second half.

Interesting that Les says he is still looking for an established striker. Time is running out for a permanent signing.

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
Throw him in for me. Can't be any worse than Tiryaki who I often defend, but is never likely to score playing the way we do. Given it hard to score les than nil we might as well give him a chance before he has a chance to think about it. He may have pace or something differnt to offer.

Prediction

Rovers 0

Crowd 5.8k

Status
Not open for further replies.