• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tremacro out

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Any thoughts on Tremarco's sale to Wrexham. I know we have a few Tremarco fans on here..

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Not to bothered to be honest. Was a decent player but no more... Would probably have rather he'd only gone on loan but not losing any sleep over it.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Always gave 100%, committed if a little rash and prone to bookings at times but a decent full back, left sided midfield player. Wish him all the best at Wrexham, he'll need it btw :razz:.

Good thing is we've replaced with someone of a higher standard in Andy Taylor, which is just good business.\\:D/

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Carl Tremarco showed promise when he broke into the senior squad, looking like a left back in the mould of Gareth Roberts, with whom he was competing for a place. Carl seemed quite pacey and very committed in the tackle. However this season quite simply he has looked off the pace physically and mentally and as a result instead of completing firm, successful tackles he's just picked up bookings.

I agree with Scoops a good bit of business, replacing a former youth who didn't quite break into the team with a better and younger player in the form of Andy Taylor, who looks first team standard already.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Carl is at the stage of his career where he needs to be playing regularly, and at Tranmere there's at least 2 players I'd say ahead of him in the pecking order so was best for him to leave I think and join a manager he knows, as well as the ex-Rovers brigade at the Racecourse (4 i believe now!).

Excellent result for them on his debut yesterday - 1-0 over MK Dons.

Player
Johnny Morrissey

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
For some reason, Ronnie always preferred Sheriff to him. As a left-back, there wasn't much to chose between them, on the left-wing, he was less scared of the touchline than our Australian and had some decent games in that position earlier in the season. If Myrie-Williams loan isn't extended, that just leaves Curran in our current squad, who has any pace.

Carl was always a wholehearted 100%er and I'm sorry to see him leave. Like Alex Hay before him, don't feel management gave him a fair turn, unlike Alex, BL does have confidence in him and hopefully, he'll help to keep Wrexham up

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
According to reports and supporters opinions, Tremacro had a really good game for Wrexham on Sat. No surprise really, he'll be a good player in that league.

Player
Goodison
If think he would have been a good player for us and I would have got rid of Sherriff instead.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
It's a valid point mate. Not Sherriff's biggest fan at the moment, although could he have done a job as a winger as there's no chance he'd take Taylors place? Maybe another thread this, but I'd stick Taylor and JM Williams on the left, I'm sure these two could cause no end of problems.