• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere vs. Scun thorpe

• Thread starter Matthew The Rover
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Matthew The Rover

I will say 1-1 as we have a habit of drawing at home. Anyway, here are a few predictions for the squad:

McAteer plays because he is not creative enough and doesn't tackle.
Jennings replaced by Rankine at Center Mid because Jennings won too many tackles today.
Tremaco replaced by Aiston because he is very good at surging runs down the left.
Tranmere fined money for selecting Alex Bruce even though he will be suspended following his 5th Yellow Card today (already) (or is it 7 days)

DixieDean

Well, let's see, the last team we beat (7 games ago) are currently bottom of the league. Hmm. Chances are this will be another passionless display and right now I can feel my desire for a victory draining away (or should I say being sucked away by Brian's attitude). If defeat to Scunthorpe means Brian will walk or get the push, then bring it on and get it over with. The guy isn't going to turn our season around. We need a change AND QUICK! 0-1.

C

championship_here_we_come

i know this is going to sound stupid

but i want us to loose on friday as i feel it will be the final nail in brain littles coffin.

but if we win the board will of course give him another months worth of games and re-access the situation then

the problem is we really need a new manger i would go for jim harvey

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I know your maybe thinking of the good of the club but I cannot believe you, a supporter has said he wants his club to loose. Anyway I actually think we may win this one... you may think i'm mad but this is my prediction...

Tranmere 3-1 Scunthorpe.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I don;t think we'll get beat but we are not capable of winning I don't think, I want us to win obviously and Little can turn things rpound and we can forget about this bad start. But judging by Scunnnys great start and our ecent efforts.

Bh Prediction: Rovers 1 Scunny 1.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Win 2-0

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
I think if we beat Scunny we'll back to our normal selves.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I reckon we will win on Friday. Hopefully this will turn things around for us and we start to go up the table because were at the wrong end at the moment and a home win will work in our favour

B

Banana Army

Every time i say well win, we loose.

But keeping the faith. 2-1

Greenacre, jacko - Sharp

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
our normal selves winning again, being back to the same tranmere as last season.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Right, I'm making the trip up for this one and I've got a good feeling about it.

3-1 to the Rovers. Facey, Jennings and a Greenacre pen.

Let's get behind the lads and get us back to winning ways.

COME ON ROVERS :!: :!: :!: [-o< 8-[ [-o< 8-[

C

championship_here_we_come

probalable team lineup

actho
bruce jackson sharps goodison
summerby mcataer jennings aiston
greenacre facey

team i would liek to see

actho
bruce jackson sharps tremarco
aiston rankine jennings brown
greenacre facey

Griff

A change is needed, but a major problem is that he does not stick by his changes. Its no good giving Jennings a game, then dropping him for Harrison when he is fit and then dropping him for Rankin. All of the changes in the centre are causing more problems.

Who really knows what the best centre pair are.

I think we have a big problem as non of them seem up to it.
Rankin is past it, McAteers head isnt in it, Harrison isnt good enough for this level (A fact, whatever anyone says) and Jennings, well I havent seen enough yet, but he hasnt been given the same opportunities as danny.

I'd stick with McAteer and Jennings for the next game.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
championship_here_we_come said:
probalable team lineup

actho
greenacre facey

team i would liek to see

actho
greenacre facey

Hmmm, I can't see Goodison being left out given his performance against Forest, he was BY FAR our best player. The problem we have, once Sharps is back, is that we have 3 good CB's (Goodison, Jackson and Sharps), BL has said he was impressed with Tremarco, so will he now become our regular left back? BL may have to leave out one of either Goodison, Jackson and Sharps and personally I think they're all playing too well for any of them to be left out.

So while we have a wealth of decent players at the back, and a couple of decent strikers, we have a crap midfield.

I'd like to see us do something like this

achto
bruce - jackson - goodison - tremarco
mcateer
aiston - roberts
jennings
greenacre-facey

I guess we'll see on Friday.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Gray said:
championship_here_we_come said:
probalable team lineup

actho
greenacre facey

team i would liek to see

actho
greenacre facey

Hmmm, I can't see Goodison being left out given his performance against Forest, he was BY FAR our best player. The problem we have, once Sharps is back, is that we have 3 good CB's (Goodison, Jackson and Sharps), BL has said he was impressed with Tremarco, so will he now become our regular left back? BL may have to leave out one of either Goodison, Jackson and Sharps and personally I think they're all playing too well for any of them to be left out.

So while we have a wealth of decent players at the back, and a couple of decent strikers, we have a crap midfield.

I'd like to see us do something like this

achto
bruce - jackson - goodison - tremarco
mcateer
aiston - roberts
jennings
greenacre-facey

I guess we'll see on Friday.

Robbo's with wales im afraid :cry:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
this should be the tem for fridays game v the ironing board.

actherberg

bruce jackson goodison linwood (if hes back)

summerbee jennings rankine aiston

greenacre dagnall

subs: wilson, tremarco, whitmore, facey, martin.

M

Matthew The Rover

I'd like to see:

Achtoberg

Goodison
Sharps
Jackson

Tremaco
Jennings
Harrison
Aiston

Whitmore

Greenacre
Facey

Rovers 3-2 Scunny.(ht 0-2) i think little will give alot of fans something to shout about(or booooo) and put on super-subs Harrison,McAteer and Sumerbee to turn the game on its head! and have all the fans singing
"thers only one Brian Little" :!: :?

Well it may not go to the above script,but am defo going for the above scoreline :!:

Tranmere 3-2 Scunthorpe att; 8,000 and a bit :!:
Greenacre(3)

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'd love it if Greenacre did score a hat trick! :D I reckon he could have one in him soon. My team would be:

---------------------------------------Achto---------------------------------------

----Bruce-------------Jackson------------Sharps--------------Goodison-------

----Aiston----------McAteer--------------Jennings-------------Tremarco------

----------------------Greenacre------------Facey-------------------------------

Subs: Wilson, Rankine, Linwood,Summerbee, Davies

I think Goodison played well at LB against Oldham and Blackpool at PP and hopefully he could produce the same on Friday. I'm not sure about Tremarco at Left Midfield as I haven't seen him play there before... but it must be worth a go. Aslong as we win though I don't care who plays!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.