• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere Vs Doncaster Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
does any one think that we should just put out the youngest side possible to give the youth players a chance to experience prenton park and a full match before next season when we would be using them with possibly more urgency.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Perfectly good idea. We can relax a bit now and I can think of nothing better than to let the people that will eventually hold the team together have a run out and prove their worth.

Player
Morrisey
The youngsters coulc also play for a contract for next season.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I think we have still got to be professional about this. I mean Doncaster can still get in the play offs and i'm sure many teams around the play offs wouldn't be pleased if we played our youngsters. That's not saying they wouldn't do a better job than the first team though. I think obviously a few youngsters need to be given a game. Mike Jones and Olly James to name two. I think we will put in a decent performance on Saturday to be honest. I wouldn't be suprised to see a 3-1 Tranmere win now we can relax a bit.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
I'd say play a mixture, we still wana win, and I still wanan beat thornton and stop him from being in the play-offs, plus I think Donnie are getinga new ground and I wanan go next season lol. Stil we should be winning, and another home defeat is unacceptable, we may be staying but we still gotta be professional.

Palethorpe

Linwood Jackson Martin Roberts (farewell)

Aiston McAteer Jennings Tremarco

Greenacre Facey

Subs: Wilson, Jones, Curran, O'Leary, Davies.

white life

white for life
Player
i reckon we shud play
Palethorpe
James Sharps Linwood Roberts(rethink cos he has been great)
Jennings Jones Harrison
Brown
Davies Greenacre(see if he can get his 20 goals)

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
I'd like to see a couple of youngsters given a run out but I agree with comments that we need to be professional and try to stop Donny getting into the play-offs :wink:

Really looking forward to this one now the pressures off. I'm up on The Wirral for my Dad's 60th, he'll be making arrangements for his party in the evening so I'll be going on my own, BUT my Dad has said that he'll speak to his mate who's in the VP's and try and get me in there. Could be fun.

Hope there's a decent gate and that Robbo can get on the scoresheet with a 25 yard free-kick in (possibly) his last game for the Rovers.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Yeah, would be good to have some youngsters on the bench and be used now that the result for us is not as important. It gives Little opportunity. He should use it when he can.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Rumour has it that one certain player that will be playing on Saturday will be around at PP next season! I've got nothing against the bloke! Honest! :wink: :lol:

M

Matthew The Rover

Andy, Stephen O'Leary is still suspended.

The team I'd pick would be:

Steve Wilson

Olly James - Paul Linwood - Ian Sharps (c) - Gareth Roberts

Paul Brown - Steve Jennings - Mike Jones - Carl Tremarco

Chris Greenacre - Delroy Facey

Subs: Palethorpe, Curran, Davies, Martin, McAteer

I'm a sentimental person and believe that Robbo should defo play as it's his last game and I'm praying that during the warm up I can attract him over to the JK Stand so he can sign my away shirt which has Roberts on the back. Please Robbo [-o<

Would like to see Jones, Brown and Olly James give starting roles with the likes of Curran and Martin given the chance to come off the bench.

Last game of the season, lets have a big push and some eggs to throw at that scum bags face. Tranmere 1-0 Doncastor

Player
Morrisey
I would love to see robbo captain the side! We still however don't know if he will stay for another season!

white life

white for life
Player
robbo wants to leave as he said that being part of the pfa team of the year would boost his stock and help him attract a bigger club

Player
Morrisey
I know all that, but for some optimistic reason I am not writting another year from him off! He will probably go, but he has owned the number three jersey for a while and I would love him to stay as I am sure everyone would!

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Agreed I'd like to see some of the younger players given a chance, also Linwood at central defence and Tremarco at left-back, Robbo can play left-midfield. Paul Brown's likely to be leaving,but what's happened to Joe Fowler, one of the better reserves and who got a look-in at the pre-season friendlies.

W

white nick

I want to see us win just to finish this disaster of a season with a smile on my face. However, just because we got out of the sh=t against MK dons doesn't change one thing. LITTLE MUST GO. On the website he's droning on about plans for next season, new signings, the future's great, better next season, youth coming through, blah de blah, sound familiar ??
We're safe for this year but with HIM in charge it will be just as bad next year.

Time to go, time to go,.....

And another thing -
Also off the web site - Lorraine Rogers points out that Saturdays win over MKD was only the 4TH time this season we haven't had a loan player in the team !!!

4th time in 45 matches - Who does she think was responsible for this endless trail of miserable dross as she claims money was available when he turned on her at Christmas (before deciding everything was actually OUR fault) ?

We got them on loan because no one else wanted them (Simon Francis excepted from this observation - deserved a far higher standard of football than we provided)

Status
Not open for further replies.