• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Yeovil Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Well, its a must win situation now, if town win they go 9 points haead of us. After a good display v walsall we should be beating them but then again we could go and mess it up.

should be an interesting game and we should really be beating these no excuses.

Im not predicting any scorelines but Ill go with a Tranmere win.
bring em on!

DixieDean

well we havent won a home league game since August and on recent home form I can't see that changing. Another 2-2 for me. :oops:

M

Matthew The Rover

Not just one but three must win games in a row now Andy. Yeovil, Port Vale then Rotherham. Really think we must get seven points from those nine.

I think we will start with a win against Yeovil. They aren't in the best of form, but niether are we :?

I'll go for a 1-0 win to Tranmere. We haven't conceeded for about 250 minutes and haven't scored for about 265 minutes so it's all set to be a thriller! :roll:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Matthew The Rover said:
We haven't conceeded for about 250 minutes and haven't scored for about 265 minutes so it's all set to be a thriller! :roll:

Haha, yes, indeed. The stats don't look great do they.
I'm actually going for a win here. I still have concerns about where the goals are going to come from, but...

There were many positives at Walsall and it's given me a bit of a lift seeing the lads playing. Come on, we must win at home sooner or later.

2-0!! :D

M

Matthew The Rover

Alot depends on whether Mr. Facey is fit or not....obviously.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
aye he got injured and cant see him recovering in the space of two days did look a bit nasty. but still greenacre and davies up front should be good. doesnt mater about facey, we should be beating yeovil.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Ian said:
Haha, yes, indeed. The stats don't look great do they.

Football is played on grass, not paper :D

Therefore, I'm gonna say 3-2 to the Super Whites. Robbo and Greenacre x 2

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I see that our esteemed manager says he took Goodison off at half-time v Walsall to avoid another booking, so he'd be available for this game. Not sure that I follow that logic at all.

Yeovil have a decent strike force so can't see us keeping a clean sheet on this one. I'm with Dixie, 2-2 sounds about right.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
What's the weather in the Wirral like? It's cold 'ere in Manc land, worried the game's gunna be off (only cos I don't really want to go home and spend another night in with the folks over Xmas watching crap on the telly!). Has anyone heard any news about the pitch, I mean I take it it has been covered etc.?

Hope it goes 'head any road. :)

smilingmart

Ahead of todays game I think its totaly unfair that Yeovil's last game was the 23rd whereas ours was the 26th.

That means they have had over twice as much recovery time as us. I see that as an unfair advantage especially given the punishing festive period.

DixieDean

smilingmart said:
Ahead of todays game I think its totaly unfair that Yeovil's last game was the 23rd whereas ours was the 26th.

That means they have had over twice as much recovery time as us. I see that as an unfair advantage especially given the punishing festive period.

yeah i think every team should play their games on the same days over this period. I don't see why ALL league games couldn't have been played on the 23rd, giving the lads a nice break before the tonight's games.

M

Matthew The Rover

Zola is fit. Atleast that means we have three strikers and Zola looked good against Brentford. Hopefully Davies will start though

Player
Johnny Morrissey
smilingmart said:

Yeovil had the choice to move the game to the Friday night and wisely chose it. Their fans missed out on Boxing Day fixtures which we all enjoy but like u say they have had recovery time. If we had have been at home on Boxing Day we could in theory have done the same thing. Stop moaning and lets beat them anyway!!! :lol:

C'mon you whites!!!

DixieDean

I thought I'd do a bit of digging as to when the last time was that we had two 0-0 draws back to back. It was actually December 1997 and we had THREE 0-0 games in a row at that time.....

0-0 HOME 26-12 Bury
0-0 AWAY 28-12 Birmingham City
0-0 HOME 09-01 West Bromwich Albion

Same time of year.....

Same Home-Away-Home pattern.....

get your money on a 0-0 :D :shock: :D

B

Banana Army

Nah mate we're going to win. Last time we one a home game was the last one i attended, and im going tonight so we're gunna win. Glad ive seen some better away games though 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.