• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere v Chesterfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ally

Player
Aldo
Another Friday night KO, another 3 points??

Hope so, we really need it. Can't see it being a belter of a game but have a reasonably decent record against the Spireites and I think we should be able to turn them over.

If we win and manage to beat Swansea the following week that play-off spot will be just a little nearer...

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
If we can't get a result against Chesterfield, we can forget about it lads.

It's a must win, make no mistake. I'll go for 1-0, not sure what the formation should be. Can't judge from the last game with so many players missing.

Just looking on the official site at the run in, no one has it easy for the last 11 games. We've still to play Swansea, Carlisle, Blackpool, Scunny & Crewe.

It makes a change from last season where we were biting our fingers off wondering if we'd stay up!!

Come On You Whites!! =D> =D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
It is a game we realistically have to win if we want to get in the play offs as there will be games further down the line in which we will drop points before the end of the season. Goodison is going to be a last minute decision whether he plays or not and Robbie Stockdale is almost certainly not going to be risked. Davies is available again as is McCready and hopefully we will see a 100% fit Tremarco unlike last Saturday.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
While it's still possible. let's be thinking about trying to get into the top two! I know unlikely after recent form, but it's still possible and I think we all secretly we all know what will happen in the play-offs.

Anyways, yeah, we must win this one. The remaining home games I hope you would be looking at gaining maximum points from. Chesterfield have only won once in February, so their form of late is not great.

2-0 and I'm hoping we have a defence again!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Team:
Ward, Stockdale, McCready, Goodison, Sherriff, Shuker, Mullin, McLaren, Ellison, Taylor, Greenacre.

Subs:
Hinchliffe, Tremarco, McAteer, Davies, Zola.

Its the same starting XI that started the first game of the season. Glad Goodison starts and very suprised Stockdale does. Come on Rovers!

Status
Not open for further replies.