• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere Sign Liverpool Defender On Loan

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I agree. That is good and should be happening more. Gives the player a chance to show his skills and if they are any good, we benefit as well.

I wonder what impression he made when he was on loan at Accrington Stanley and Hartlepool.

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
This is a great signing. I agree we should be looking to take these Liverpool (or Everton) youngsters on loan when we can. But again, as I write, there's no word on the "official" website, even though the news is posted on the BBC and Sky with a long quote from Ronnie.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Good addition... Just Charlie Barnett and Jennings to sign deals and i'd be happy with our squad

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Can't get fired up over this deal. Reds don't think this lad's got much prospect of making their 1st team and I read a Hartlepool fan's assessment of his time there, which wasn't entirely glowing. My preference would have been to develop Danny Holmes and bring in someone with more experience. This guy sounds like another David Raven

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
He played the full 90 at Morecambe. Making allowances for the fact he'd hardly the chance to settle in, he did ok. Seemed to get cramp 2nd half and should maybe have been replaced by Holmes.