• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere Rovers vs. Bristol City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Player
The Sherriff
Predictions?

They just sold Cotteril - their 18 year old striker to Wigan for 2 mil.

First choice striker Enoch Showunmi has a knee injury but may be fit for the match.

Three of their players; David Partridge, 27, Bradley Orr, 23, and Steve Brooker, 25, are all in jail for 2 months following a bar room brawl. Brooker is club captain, Partridge a welsh international and Orr another first team player who was sent off for a headbutt on a team mate the week before being thrown in jail.

So sounds to me like they'll probably be tough tackling. :lol:

In spite of all this they are in 8th place with 9 points and won their previous two games against Northampton and Brighton, they were heavily tipped to do well at the start of the season and are considered to have a dynamic manager.

However, I reckon the friday night atmosphere of Prenton Park and the form that we are in following the weekends result will prove decisive.

I'm going for a 2-0 win, with Greenacre and Shuker to score, but I may be putting a fiver on Ward to score again just in case. :wink:

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Ohh, I can't wait for Friday night football again!
Bring on the good times..

I think it's also important to note that it is now more than a year - 49 games in all competitions - since City last recorded a no-score bore draw.

Hell, I'm expecting goals in this one!

Turmoil with players, but still, creeping up the league.
Scoring goals doesn't appear to be a problem for them, with 9 so far, but they've also conceded 9, so I'm hoping Shuker can cause them major problems.

3-1 :-D

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I'm in agreement with Ian on the scoreline except I think Wardy will keep a clean sheet so 3-0.

And Shuky just has to score this game. He's been so close and not finished. And I thought his punching the grass in the last game was top comedy! But I can understand his frustration because on that particular chance his passing was quality but the finish just wide with everyone beaten.

So if he doesn't score I'm going for a Mullin rocket from outside the area and Greenacre to score 2.

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
I'm not going to make a prediction but think it will be a very close one. I don't think we will see a convincing win. We should be aiming to win but like i've said before let's not all be down if we only pick up a draw... as that wouldn't be a disaster.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Careful that fence you're sitting on might break!!

We have gotten stronger and more organised with every game, and I don't think we've clicked yet. It's Friday night football!!

Come On Rover!! =D> =D>

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
:lol: .... It's just whenever i make a prediction eight times out of ten the opposite happens... so i'd rather just not make one and just say what i think we should be aiming for.

white life

white for life
Player
John Achterberg, Craig Curran and Anthony Kay
going for a 3-1 win. looking forward to the return of friday night football, best part of the week, better than school anyway. greenacre will score first then shukes has to score but my crystal ball won't tell me the third scorer.

B

Banana Army

1-2 Taylor. Sorry boys but Johnson will stand there and gve one of "those" team talks. You know the one where the manager goes on about pulling together, added to that, i believe tha they still have a very dtrong side anyway.

I'd love to win, but i just don't see it this weekend!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
:lol: .... It's just whenever i make a prediction eight times out of ten the opposite happens... so i'd rather just not make one and just say what i think we should be aiming for.

I know mate, just pulling your leg.

I've been to every away game at Ashton Gate and have always come away feeling well hacked off. Bristol to me smack of a bogey team so every time we play them I have a sense of foreboding :-s

However, New team New manager and new ideas so I'll agree with Dixie and have us down for a 1-0 win, with my eyes closed and fingers crossed[-o<

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
We never lose on Friday night! :whistle:

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
I'm assuming all you guys will be at the game tomorrow night, but is there anyone that won't make it and might be in our chat room?

I'm getting excited about the game already!!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Yeah i know you were pulling my leg mate. :lol: I should be in the chat room during the match tomorrow night if there is anyone else going to be in there.

B

Banana Army

Being an exile, still without a lift or a car, ill more than likely be in the chatroom!

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
At least there'll be a few of us! Should be a laugh!

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
No chatroom for me this week, I'm coming up for this one \\:D/ Looking forward to seeing all the new signings.

I'm predicting a tough game, but think we'll continue our run and come out on top, 2-1.

Hopefully the traffic will be a little better than the last time I came up for a Friday night game.[-o<

COME ON ROVERS =D>

Status
Not open for further replies.