• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 4-0 Colchester

Higgy

Player
Dave Higgins
It would be a better squad as well as a better manager - if Atkins was still here:roll::lol:

amplesou

Banned
Player
Dave Higgins
It would be a better squad as well as a better manager - if Atkins was still here:roll::lol:

Na we still miss welsh/atkins /showumbi/imo

the team we have at the moment has got great results against very poor sides imo ,no where near last seasons peformances apart from a couple of great individual hatricks etc.

honestly we are still quite a poor side in this division ,we will need to progress alot ,which i am sure we will ..but we still need more players....

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Showumni was never the same player after his injury we do not miss him at all and we dont miss akins.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
Na we still miss welsh/atkins /showumbi/imo

the team we have at the moment has got great results against very poor sides imo ,no where near last seasons peformances apart from a couple of great individual hatricks etc.

honestly we are still quite a poor side in this division ,we will need to progress alot ,which i am sure we will ..but we still need more players....

This is an interesting point actually and one I've been mulling over since our good start. I think if you look at our squad it's similar in terms of quality to the last couple of seasons, what appears to have happened is that the other teams in our division are a bit weaker. We haven't spent big money so this is the most likely explanation, perhaps this year we'll see some reward for the sensible financial management of the club over the last few years.

The other thing we have in our favour is an experienced manager. I've always liked RM and am liking him even more now we appear to be playing more attacking football.

Long may it continue!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think the standard is definitely higher. We couldn't buy a goal last season especially, never mind a hat trick. We've now scored 2 hat tricks already. We have players who can score and also there is no hoof ball. Makes a huge difference playing the ball on he floor. Means we get to watch football this season, not aimless punts up the field.

Shame some of our performers are only on loan.

Gray

Player
Ian Goodison... who else!
there is no hoof ball. Makes a huge difference playing the ball on he floor. Means we get to watch football this season, not aimless punts up the field.

This was evident even last night at Port Vale.