• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 2-1 Chesterfield

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Good old fiesty cup game on a cold day. Can't beat it.

Thought we did enough for the win and I was pleased with some if the contributions from the younger lads.

Good to see Gooidson, he seemed to be enjoying himself out there. Was really pleased with O'Halloran contribution. His work rate was superb. Pleased to see Robbo in the game second half and made the difference.

Hope Wallace is OK.

Also Boa-Morte is well past his sell by date.

M

Mal

According to BBC Tranmere only committed 7 fouls but 4 yellow cards... How is that possible other than ref was over zealous?

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
Agree with most of the above. I thought the real positive was the performance of the youngsters; the front two were fantastic and Max Power did well in the first half in particular. Man of the match though was Goody, who was a real rock at the back. I think he is still probably the best centre back at the club.

Chesterfield harried us and pressed us high up the pitch in the first half, but once we came into the game I thought we always had the extra quality in the final third. Their goal resulted from defensive mistakes on and leading up to a corner, and Fonners otherwise had very little to do. I think we again got too deep in the last twenty minutes, without really looking like conceding.

I thought they were a very dirty side, and Boa Morte should have been off the pitch after 2 or 3 nasty challenges.

O'Hallorhan has a great attitude and looks a class act and might be the foil for Cassidy we have been looking for. I am not sure he will score many goals, but he will certainly create a lot of chances.

As Ian says, the only negative is Wallace's injury: Ronnie says he fears he may be out for up to three months. :-| We really can't afford yet another long term injury to a key player.

Player
Jason Koumas / John Morrissey
Manager
John King
According to BBC Tranmere only committed 7 fouls but 4 yellow cards... How is that possible other than ref was over zealous?

How we ended up with more bookings (they got 3) than the dirtiest side to come to PP this season is a mystery. I did not think the bookings for Stockton, Goodison or Fon Williams were merited or necessary. A poor referee who lost the plot in the second half.

DIW

Player
Goodison
As Ian says, the only negative is Wallace's injury: Ronnie says he fears he may be out for up to three months. :-| We really can't afford yet another long term injury to a key player.

If that is the case it is a ****ing disaster.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
What was all the nonsense after the final whistle too? Seemed like a case of sour grapes.

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir

Fon was booked for time wasting Goodison for kicking the ball away.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Thought Fonners was a but unlucky. It's not as if he had been warned previously for time wasting.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
O'Hallorhan has a great attitude and looks a class act and might be the foil for Cassidy we have been looking for. I am not sure he will score many goals, but he will certainly create a lot of chances.

I wasn't there on Saturday, but felt at Stevenage O'Hallorhan worked hard without linking up that well with Cassidy. Obviously, they'd not had much time working together. However, maybe if we can extend his loan, there is hope for developing a partnership with Cole Stockton