• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1 - 4 Brentford

og in oz

OH FUC@#N DEAR, thats bad, sack hiom and bring in someone who wants to win games, or can motivate players to win games.
FUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK at this rate we will be religated by feb

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Yes we WERE the "U-word" BUT even if we had been luckier, we still would have been a dreadful abysmal disorganised shambles. They were nothing particularly special, but we were awful.

Programme said that the team's training this week had been focussed on defending slender leads (stable door, horse, bolted) and what that highlighted was that they hadn't done any training on passing, or moving, or tackling, or free kicks or corners, in fact I'm starting to think they haven't done any worthwhile training in those areas all season.

Little should do the decent thing and walk. Lose on Tuesday and SURELY he'll leech no longer, although I'm not holding my breath.

Positives, positives, you guys are always on at me to find the positives in things but it's difficult tonight.

Facey was MotM, the only one for the first 80 mins that actually stood up to them and played football. For the last 10 mins we got to see Sam Aiston who if it weren't for Facey would have been man of the match because all the rest were LESS than ordinary. Hmm that wasn't very positive was it? Sorry.

Little brought Davies on to play apparently left wing, which he isn't. He played Goodison at left back, which he isn't. Jackson and Sharps and Goodison all had total stinkers, which suggests to me that all three of them just weren't match fit and the judgement call to play them was clearly wrong.

Poor Paul Linwood having been back in training all week and therefore the most match-fit of all the central defenders at the club, wasn't even brought on as a sub when it became obvious to a blind man that the ones on the pitch weren't coping, or weren't arsed.

The manager clearly isn't bothered and it's transmitting to the players.

Wilson just isn't up to this level. We've been spoilt for years with really good goalkeepers, mostly because of our excellent youth system. Russell Howarth was a good keeper who Brian let go, and that's all fine and dandy except the replacement he signed is someone that nobody else even in the third division (leauge two) wanted, but who happens to be a buddy of Brian's from a previous club.

Brian needs to go and unfortunately that will probably require relegation before it happens. I wish he'd go and take his motley crew of pals with him.

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
aload of shit, we shown no passion, poor tackles, balls to no-one, poor effort, poor shooting, we were all over the place, referee did us no favours.

overall, shit! bye bye little.

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

I'd really love to know what he says in his half time talks.

Fair enough we were 3-1 down at half time, but the goals aside I honestly felt we were the better side and with 45 mins to go, I could see us getting something out the game, Brentford weren't that good.

What happened when they came out after his half time talk beggers belief.

Why the fuck does he not play Aiston from the start. I'll admit he's not the most skillful player and he can get knocked off the ball a bit easy, but the lad really tries, he gives 100% every game and he creates openings, he gets the ball forward and put simply he'll have a go, which is more than most of them do. Yet that clueless git Little plays Goodison at left back and pushes Roberts forward.

I'm yet to see anything in Jennings and harrison that warrented the shouts on here for them getting a regular start at the start of the season. Particularly Jennings who's bloody hopeless.

Little's got to go, screw the pay out just get rid of him.

B

bwilliams

This is getting beyond a joke. I don't know whats going on anymore.

1st half we did OK and at half time I felt we had a chance of getting a draw at least.

2nd half what a shambles, aiston did alright when he came on

and the referee was an absolute f**king Jockey

ACTION NEEDS TO BE TAKEN NOW

S

slawlane

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot said:
Why the f*ck does he not play Aiston from the start. I'll admit he's not the most skillful player and he can get knocked off the ball a bit easy, but the lad really tries, he gives 100% every game and he creates openings, he gets the ball forward and put simply he'll have a go, which is more than most of them do..

Couldnt ave put it mur right, surely little watched the swansea match to realise Aistons potential, then again he would probably launch fantastic balls in the box all match an calvin would be too shit to latch on to them. The majority of the players are really poor, an if i wer them i'd do Tranmere a favour, and quit being a footballer n go work in Beatties...or sumova place. An am not sure if anyone agree's with me here but, where the fuck is Tremarco, if Brian is so hungover on having a youth team for his main squad, at least bring in somebody who is young and reliable. Tremarco is far too under-used and is far better than Harrison ( Who might i add was bought into the club by his wealthy cockney father) an Jennings...(shit)

BRING BACK MCATEER!

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, can we stick to the sack Little threads for the general chat forums. Please only post your comments on the game in these post match forums.

I'll be posting my comments tomorrow. Far too late now, and I'm cheesed off. :x

smilingmart

This is an interesting point. If we did sack Little and paid out his contract then we would lose a lot of money which would mean limiting the incoming gaffer's transfer funds, and leave him with the same sh*te bunch of players.

Then again we'd lose more money through relegation...

P

PaulCook'sMagicLeftFoot

smilingmart said:

This is an interesting point. If we did sack Little and paid out his contract then we would lose a lot of money which would mean limiting the incoming gaffer's transfer funds, and leave him with the same sh*te bunch of players.

Then again we'd lose more money through relegation...

I think i'd settle for getting someone who can motivate the players we've got and change things around if it's not working.

Then try and strengthen the squad in the close season.

With the exception of a few, the squad we've got should be more than capable of keeping us up with a decent manager.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
It doesn't bear thinking about, does it!!!

Although, could we do any worse!? And not knowing his letters doesn't mean he couldn't be the ball-busting, ass-kicking manager that we need.

From Lorraine's point of view, McAteer is already on the payroll so if Little was to jump, or be pushed, I guess he would be the one she'd go for. Perhaps we should already start looking into travel arrangements for visits to Gay Meadow, Gigg Lane and York Street; because either way now things aren't looking too positive.

DixieDean

I actually thought we played well 1st half. It was just bizarre to be 1-3 down at half time. They had 3 attempts on target (I think), and scored each time. Second half needed an early goal, unfortunately it went to the wrong side. The game was all over as soon as they got their 4th.

Anyone think Calvin had a good game? I thought he looked great in the first half. Good movement and wasn't afraid to have a pop at goal (AND THEY DIDNT FLY WAY OVER THE BAR!)

Anyone know how serious his injury was? the poor lad pulled up and could barely walk off the pitch?!

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
macca said he doesnt want to go straight in to management he likes learning, if he does end up being manager, give him a chance. but enough is enough with little, end if miney is the issue then i thought we were finacially stable, and we if we lose money trfc always came out with some merchandise to con fans dont worry well bring out 4 shirts next year well get money from that!

it was very quiet as well, you could here the players talking!

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
The defense needs sorting and quick. I think Little needs to go as i've said on other threads as like yesterday we seem to do ok for 1st half and then poorly for the 2nd half. This is shown too in recent games against Swansea, Barnsley and Blackpool.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Well well well. What a load of rubbish! :oops: Embarassing is a term that springs to mind. The referee was a shambles and helped them establish a 3-1 lead but we would have lost that game anyway cos we were dreadful.

Brentford are half decent but they absolutely tore us to shreds! The defence looked like they had done all that training, they were awful! Didnt know what they were doing! And as for this goalie, well I don't like the look of him to be honest. Macclesfield rejects are NOT welcome in my team thats for sure.

Facey was the only one to come out with any credit. We're in absolute S!!T and it's going to take a hell of a lot of changes to change it. We all know the first one I'm thinking of :wink:

smilingmart

DixieDean said:
I actually thought we played well 1st half. It was just bizarre to be 1-3 down at half time.

Spot on Dixie. We were the better team but the woodwork and some bad luck contrived to somehow leave us 2 goals worse by half time. Truly bizarre!

Calvin had a great first half too. I agree with you there as well.

W

Wirral Warrior

bolton_hater said:
it was very quiet as well, you could here the players talking!

If you could it certainly wasn't the defence who were talking. :?
Wilson looked out of depth and depressingly pitiful against the likes of Owusu. Lack of protection from his back 4 didn't help. But to be booked 2 games running as a goalkeeper you must have the mental capacity of a Burmese Lemur. When I saw replays this morning I was amazed by his sloth and poor positioning and at his challenge on Owusu who had seemingly run too far.
That is by far the worst performance from Sharps I have seen. His marking was lackluster, his heading constanty astray and is communication with Goodison and Jackson clearly appaling.
Jackson wasn't much better, Sharps struggled to beat Owusu for speed but at least he didn't get beaten in the air by that substitute Pratley who was barely 5 foot nothing. He was liable for both the first and last goals and didn't look at all match fit.
Goodison has never been a favourite of mine but at least he put some effort in playing once again out of position.
Francis clearly felt like he didn't need to put in any effort as he is of a far higher standard than the rest of our back 4. But this lead to lazy challenges, such as the one that conceded the free kick for their second. By the end he was tricking his way down the touchline with mazy dribbles that had no end product. Needs a good ass kicking to wake him up and achieve his potential.
Jennings was non-existant on the right. At every opportunity to cross he would play it backwards to Francis. He was clearly lacking in confidence. When Aiston came on into the right wing position and he moved to the center he looked better, but only because of the shocking performance of Harrison next to him.
Harrison was played off the pitch, lacking the physical presence to break up the Brentford attacks and the ability to move forward.
Rankine battled hard but was outclassed by their hard working number 11 Tabb, who the programme names as a under-21 Ireland regular. Perhaps, one season too many for Ranks.
Roberts, best left back in the division playing out of position, mediocre performance including some decent forward runs and link up play with Goodison, Facey and later Davies.
Zola looked better than I had seen im since the work permit embargo, set up chances for his partner Facey and looked sharp, but recieved virtually no service from his midfield. Well taken goal in the scramble.
Facey battled hard as always and stood out as the best player in a poor team. I have no doubt that he could cope with Championship opposition if he had a strong team behind him. Unlucky not to get a sixth league goal in consecutive matches.
Aiston played well when he came on and added a creative dimension.
Only player on the pitch who was willing to charge down the touchline and put a cross into our two supposed target men.
Davies did well as always but needed more time. Substitutions in the 89th won't make a difference.

Brian Little - Tactically incompetant, Motivationally inept, Shockingly negative and behind the times. Compensation is a nothing payment compared to what we would save from giving him the boot. Should never have been hired considering previous manager was doing a superb service. Has taken the club from strong promotion contenders under Mathias who played entertaining football to a defensively minded relegation contender with 3 seasons and endless cash resources. Lorraine's failure to act exposes her ignorance as to the game of football and strengthens the opinion that a counter productive lust for money is causing this club more problems than it solves.

Overall I thought Brentford were nothing special, a little luck with the officials and some serious goalkeeping errors got them to 3-1 up. Though we didn't deserve to be 3-1 down our first half performance at best deserved a point. What disappointed me was how despite looking the better team early in the second half we stopped trying when Brentford scored the forth against the run of play. The players heads were down, and Brian did nothing. The final 20 minutes were painful to watch and I wouldn't have blamed any Supporters who went into Aldo's to warm up with a pint for the rest of the game.

In short we need 4 hard working midfielders, 2 fit center backs 1 new manager and a partridge in a pear tree.

Rant over, merry christmas everyone. :roll:

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

I thought we were very unluky to be 3-1 down at half time we gave them a good game and the peno was the icing on the cake thats just are luck at the moment but the second half was the worst i've seen tranmere play in years and we only concided 1 goal second half how they never scored more its well behind me