• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Tranmere 1-1 Gillingham

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
A bit of a physical match in which we had better of 1st half but Gillingham did better 2nd. O'leary scored what sounded like a great goal just after HT but Gillingham came back and who else but Byfield got the equaliser. Referee was card happy handing out 6 yellows to us and 4 to Gillingham. I think that may mean we get a fine now as any more than 5 yellows in one match means something like a £2,500 fine.... although I may be wrong.

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Would be interested to hear from anyone who went, in particular with reference to the refereeing and the incident involving Goodison, which led up to their equaliser?

From a distance, I was disappointed with the team selection. With Gareth likely to be leaving in the summer, it seemed important for Carl Tremarco to be given a chance again, he's out of contract in the summer too, so was unimpressed to see Goodison recalled. Also, why no striker on the bench? Two mainly defensive midfielders in Ranks & Jennings, surely one of those could have been replaced by Steve Davies, giving us more options.

I was surprised that Jason was replaced by Sam when we were winning. A like for like substitution, probably Ranks would have made more sense. Aiston has never done the business when I've seen him in away games.

Think this was a game we needed a win to have any real chance of making the play-offs. A point, while welcome would not be enough.

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Joe_TRFC said:
A bit of a physical match in which we had better of 1st half but Gillingham did better 2nd. O'leary scored what sounded like a great goal just after HT but Gillingham came back and who else but Byfield got the equaliser. Referee was card happy handing out 6 yellows to us and 4 to Gillingham. I think that may mean we get a fine now as any more than 5 yellows in one match means something like a £2,500 fine.... although I may be wrong.

Yor correct Rovers have been fned for recieving 6 yellows. It happened when we played Luton a couple of years ago. It was a phyical match we were putting mad challenges in and so where they. They should of had more yellow cards as well. That Byfield dived all over the place and looked for penos most of the time the tit. I felt Little let us down and spoilt my day by taking Facey off and bringimg on Mid fielder Mark Rankine which was a sign that he only wanted apoint. Very negative tatics in my opinion because we looked dangerous when we came forward and looked the most likely to win until he took off Delroy

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
In a way I'm happy - We played a strong Gills side who havnt lost at home since October and drew and at times we could have won it.

Im NOT happy - beacuse I felt we could have gone on and won it but Little was too negetive and got very defensive and which left Gilsl to hammer us near the end, WHY BRIAN?!

Overall, satisified.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I think Brian was also disappointed on reflection of the game. I think if the lads had kept their heads, and Goodison hadn't lost his, they may have got away with 3 points..

Shame..

But as has been mentioned, a decent result away from home to a strong home side. Drawing away is acceptable if you win your home games ;)

Roll on Tuesday night!