• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

Topic about the actual match! 2-1 Rovers!

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Tranmere 2-1 Huddersfield

Thought we started the game on-fire, looking very positive (unusually so!) and Tremarco scored a lovely goal to mark a very good performance by him. He's definitely getting better game on game which is a big plus, especially if you believe a word Lorraine says and Robbo leaves.

Then Calvin got stupidly sent off and blew the whole game wide open. We were dominating and his moment of madness turned a dominant performance into backs to the wall stuff.

But we defended manfully as a team, although you MUST keep the ball when you only have 10-men and we didn't do that at all well.

Second half started dreadfully, their goal was poor defending and it then looked like it could be another defeat. But well done Brian, a substitution criticised by all around me changed the game. Admittedly i would have kept Tremarco on as he played well but we needed someone else up front, and McAteer to feed some good balls and keep possession better.

Having wasted some good opportunites, finally Del-Boy scored a screamer to give the win we deserved imo.

Huddersfield were 2nd before Friday, they were poor. I've not seen anything in this league better than us on a good day. It's just our good days have been very few and far between this season. This division is so poor i still have a little glimmer of hop for the play offs. But then again we'll prob lose Saturday and back to where we satrted! :lol: Who'd follow Tranmere eh???! :lol:

bolton_hater

White Review FC Manager
Player
Greenacre at the mo, all time is Aldo!
Littles post match comments seemed to be good for once.

'Delighted with our efforts but we got nervous at times.'

To be fair, I agree, we really were commited and played great, however a few moments Huddy would have scored if they had their shooting boots on. But we got a win, well deserved. 2-1 SWA!

B

Birkenhead Born and Bred

Should we try and get a player sent off every week. We might go up the league then. Only jocking I feel the lads never let their heads drop on saturday and fair play to them because Huddy where on some form and where big favs to win the game

Joe_TRFC

'Midfield General'
Player
Nevin
Made up with the win... still can't believe though that after a 9 match unbeaten run we are still having to worry about losing the next match because we will drop back to were we where. Just shows how tight this division... and I must say I don't think going down to 10 men every game would do us any good BBB&B. :lol: Imagine how tired the squad would become. Faceys goal was top draw too! :D