• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

This Years' Attitude

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
Just reading Ben Chorley's comments on the official site and reading Ronnie's latest comments on Virgin Media site, it appers there's much more of a positive attitude this season then we've had for some time. I know we've been knocked out of 2 cups already and Ronnie neither took responsibility or pointed the finger of blame and that to some people was bad management.

But what Chorley says about Shirtliff and Ronnie always reminding the squad to believe in themselves seems a breath of fresh air.

And apart from the opening day disappointment, on the 2 occasions in league matches were we've gone a goal down, we fought back to get a valuable away point at Yeovil and did really well to get 2 goals in the last 7 minutes aginst Luton to win 2-1.

The attitude seems to be spreading through the squad as some player who remained a little questionable last season are really proving their worth.

Even when we're against the ropes, I'm still really enjoying listening to the match commentary this season, as there appears to be a bit more second half drive and belief.

Now I may be over optimistic but I genuinely think that if can keep the knocks down to a minimum and keep hammering out results, why couldn't we get automatic promotion and out of this league once and for all? the belief is certainly there!

Player
Goodison
I wouldnt get too excited after only 7 games. We were in the same situation this time last season, and we went on a barren spell in October/November. Were in a good position but the season unfortunately is 46 games not 7.

The team does seem to have a bit more of a fighting spirit when we go a goal down, but we are still quite slow out of the blocks in the first 10 minutes of second halfs. Hopefully we can keep this good run up against Northampton and Crewe.

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Stating to get excited. It's good. Yes it's tempered by realism, after all we are Tranmere and losing on a cold, wet thursday night is our typical expectation level, but I don't think there is any harm in getting excited after such positive league results so far.

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
OK, yes it's realistic to not get too excited yet, however we are up there so we may as well enjoy it while we are there. There's no point being too realistic as you always then end up as a bit of a killjoy when things are going well thinking that there's always something bad waiting around the corner. I'd rather be 2nd in the league than 2nd bottom at ANY stage of the season so let's just enjoy it and hope it gives the players confidence like Nomur was saying.