• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

This Season

evo_trfc

haven't been on in a while so this is my little rant

Last season all credit has to go to Ronnie Moore i dont know how we managed to finish in that position but obviously like everyone i was dissapointed with the last few performances because there was still realistic chances of play offs

as i said last season i thought we'd finish mid table so 9th was impressive yet the squad wasnt with the exception of shuker and greenacre amongst other of course

THe squad this season is concerning me greatly atm mainly because of the lack of transfer activity

we need a goalkeeper, 2 defenders, 2-3 midfielders and obviuosly another 20 a season goal scorer ( curran maybe?) becasue if we dont theres no chance of promotion or mid table

that league is stronger next year and we could find ourselves struggling if we dont improve our squad but if we do i would fancy ourselves

i dont live anywhere near birkenhead so i dont know of any rumours yet but hopefully we will find out soon

but i will be there 1st game of the season to see robbie fowler score a hatrick in a 3-0 for tranmere ( we can dream )

Player
John Aldridge
Its amazing there hasnt been the usual player sightings this year, normally by now someones seen a whole page full taken from the panini sticker book 2002, and even the odd sighting of lord lucan trotting down prenton road west on shergar. Stan Collymore in a car park doesnt count either.....

It does worry me that theres no new signings as of yet well apart from Ahmed but I have faith that Ronnie is working his phone to death, infact he's probably on his second phone by now and in the next two weeks we'll all have something to cheer about with a flurry of signings, ok i'll settle for 4.
1 of them being Thomo, bit odd thats not been wrapped up yet.

Anyway, bring on the 'mighty' leeds and lets give them a taste of league one football...........

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
I'm sure I remember Ronnie saying that he had players in mind, but these wouldn't flourish until July time.. Basically, I think he was telling us not to get to exicted and have some patience. I'm assuming it's extremely difficult to bring quality players to the club, so all we can do is sit back and see how it pans out. Erm, we still desperately need a keeper!

Player
Morrisey
I think that the club are trying to save money and are doing all of their dealings by mail. Or Ronnie has not sorted anyone yet. You choose.

Thompson has signed for Oldham so no luck on that front. I am still not worrying yet as I think there is plenty of time and still some players floating around without a club. If by Jily we dont have anyone I will start to worry but until then I am happy to wait.

Player
Johnny Morrissey
Fans get impatient a bit too easily. It's obvious we need 3 or 4 players before the season, but the season doesn't start til August 11 - 8 weeks yet! And most players contracts end on June 30th - so be patient folks. Ronnie says he has players in mind and has held talk with a few, I'm confident we'll have an improved squad before the Leeds game, don't panic people!;-)trust me