• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2024-25

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Seems odd only 1 year and doesn't appear to be an option to extend
Yes I thought that. I’m sure he’s come relatively cheap but surely we could afford a two year deal or an option? Obviously we want it to work but if it does then we won’t get much come the end of the season if he’s out of contract. Have to trust the club

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Yes I thought that. I’m sure he’s come relatively cheap but surely we could afford a two year deal or an option? Obviously we want it to work but if it does then we won’t get much come the end of the season if he’s out of contract. Have to trust the club
Could be like Nevitt, he signed 1 year then got an extension mid season

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Seems odd only 1 year and doesn't appear to be an option to extend
I think this is probably just more caution incase he turns out to be a dud at this level.

Reported that Marine are due compensation for Solomon under the Bosman rule. Probably just a nominal amount, and they only had him for two years! Presumably CQN will get something for Williams too.

Last edited:
Thinking back to recent discussions here about non league players, I’ve noticed that all five of our summer signings so far have had a good grounding in non league football. Character building!

Bit of trivia too is that a young Cameron Norman (as well as Jake Caprice) was in the Woking side that thumped us 4-1 at their place back in 2015. Not Big Steve’s finest 90 minutes that night!

bigmart

bigmart
Player
Ian Muir
Forgot about him. Wouldn’t be surprised if we moved him on.
I was surprised we took up the option to extend his contract, like Dennis it will be difficult to get other teams to take them off us especially as fees would likely be required

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Both signings with potential. Slightly puzzled about Solomon getting only a year deal given Williams with two and hope that Sol is given a chance to play as a striker in pre-season. Does anyone know the type of striker he is and if he’s got any pace? However unsure either are going to be regular starters at first.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Both signings with potential. Slightly puzzled about Solomon getting only a year deal given Williams with two and hope that Sol is given a chance to play as a striker in pre-season. Does anyone know the type of striker he is and if he’s got any pace? However unsure either are going to be regular starters at first.
A few stats on Solomon. He doesn’t look particularly sizeable so I’m guessing he’s got some pace and can play wide or through the middle. Nigel called him a winger so maybe they see him as competition for Morris and Hawkes although his stats (not sure how accurate they are), would suggest he’s a goal scorer albeit at lower levels

Name - Sol Solomon
Age - 23
Position(s) - LW/CF/RW
Nationality - /
Height - 5’10

Formerly - St. Peter, Jersey Bulls, Marine
Career:
133 Games
89 Goals
1 Assist*

Marine this season:

46 Games
24 Goals
0 Assists*

His style of play and build are not dissimilar to Tollitt in his prime. A versatile forward more than an out and out winger or out and out striker, but he certainly knows where the net is.

Last edited:

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Wonder how Sam Taylor fits in with all these attacking options…still assuming we’re trying to offload Dennis too