• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Squad 2024-25

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
I can’t recall Josh Davison’s games against Rovers tbh, but on the face of it seems a reasonable option to provide some competition for attacking places. Agree with bigmart about likely departures if Solomon also signs up.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
Undisclosed fee and, according to Wimbledon, a sell on clause.

I didn’t twig, thought it was just a plug for Argyle Taxis! :D
Thats brilliant sorry i have been so quiet guys i am doing 75 hr weeks totally snowed under its crazy how busy we are i am just not getting time to kiss my ###

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Andy Holt gave a brief but interesting little insight into Accy’s squad-building this morning, which I suspect isn’t too dissimilar to how we’ve been going about our business.

Some interesting and insightful stuff there O4. Defo similarities. One aspect they did get spot on was the loans - essential given their injury crisis. Four of the back five were loanees towards the endof the season, and they were real quality. Interestingly the fish member was an Accy academy player who looks destined for much bigger things.

Am on mobile

Player
Muir
Manager
King
I don't know anything about josh. But look at muir before he came to Tranmere literally nothing before joining us then bang goals goals goals you never know. Welcome josh enjoy yourself and entertain the whites and you will be adored thats all we want 100% effort and you get adored

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I can’t recall Josh Davison’s games against Rovers tbh, but on the face of it seems a reasonable option to provide some competition for attacking places. Agree with bigmart about likely departures if Solomon also signs up.
I can picture him at PP for opponents. He’s quite physical, works hard and is aggressive. Not as tall as Norris, just not someone who I think looked like scoring much but hope I’m proven wrong. Time will tell though

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
I’m pleased. Nigel knows him and thinks he is worth a fee. That’s enough for me. He will offer something different. I can’t wait for the season to start. ;)

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
I haven’t seen a single word of criticism about him from MK fans in response to this move! Newport‘s Player of the Year for two years running before he went to MK too.

The squad‘s coming together nicely so far.
Didn’t know about Newport PoY. Sounds good and at 28 he’s coming into his prime.

Sparky

Player
Chris Greenacre
Norman had really good match ratings last season according to Flashscore's stats......looks a really useful signing. Would now like to see the Solomon signing secured to add to potential up front.
Unless Hawkes and or Dennis leave we’ve got an awful lot of striking options:

Norris, Dennis, Saunders, Davison, Sam Taylor, Jennings, Morris and Hawkes.

Soloman would come cheap but you wonder whether he’d get a look in, although I’ll certainly be surprised if Dennis is still here, even though I think we’ve wasted his ability.

Higgy 2

Player
Dave Higgins
Unless Hawkes and or Dennis leave we’ve got an awful lot of striking options:

Norris, Dennis, Saunders, Davison, Sam Taylor, Jennings, Morris and Hawkes.

Soloman would come cheap but you wonder whether he’d get a look in, although I’ll certainly be surprised if Dennis is still here, even though I think we’ve wasted his ability.
I do wonder, if Soloman is as promising and as ready as is being mooted, whether him and his agent are in a position to shop around.
It was only a couple of weeks back it was rumoured Soloman's signing was imminent - so maybe it's not a shoe in.

He may look at the lack of progress of Sam Taylor and think he might get more game time elsewhere

Player
Alan King, Barry Dyson
Cameron Norman has a good pedigree with a good fitness record. He is primarily a right-back but could also cover centre-half. If we are to operate with a smaller squad next season, we need some players with versatility.

He was only with MK Dons for a season, where he was a regular. He was not on their list of released players, so I am wondering if we paid a fee for him.

Reactions: Boz

Boz

Player
Iain Hume
Cameron Norman has a good pedigree with a good fitness record. He is primarily a right-back but could also cover centre-half. If we are to operate with a smaller squad next season, we need some players with versatility.

He was only with MK Dons for a season, where he was a regular. He was not on their list of released players, so I am wondering if we paid a fee for him.
It wasn’t announced how long his contract was at the time he joined Milton Keynes, but not seen mention of a fee. It sounded from the joining-up interview that he expects to mainly play on the right for us. O’Connor into midfield?

drwhoman

Norman certainly seems an upgrade on some of the squad defenders we had last season. As regards Solomon I am or sure how often non league signings have worked out at Rovers? Nevitt - others in recent years?