• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Only Time

NeverBeatDaveHiggins

Superwhite
Mods
Brian Little said:

"We are saying to everyone: help us get through this. Whatever criticisms there are, we understand and accept. But the only time we can put things right is in the summer."

Everyone I've spoken to or read their comments online is pretty much united in being sick of this 'we must pull together' rubbish with which he qualifies everything he ever says, apparently no amount of pulling together will encourage this manager to try to win a game anyway.

Getting back to what he's said, if somethings not right... why not put it right NOW? In fact if he's known all along that it's not right why hasn't he put it right already?

If he wants to build for next season, why not give the players who will still be here next season some greater responsibility now? In fact, why hasn't he be been thinking ahead and doing that already during the season?

I'll tell you why. Because he's Brian no-brain. There's not been a single Brian Little interview this season that hasn't made me totally seething that this man is paid so much to, in fact, drive the club that I love into the ground.

The way to success has to be a VERY different attitude. An attitude along the lines of 'no time like the present', or 'the time is now', and 'every game matters' - each is a clear signal, the kind of clear thinking that emanates from successful football managers and the teams they lead.

Can you for one second imagine a Brian Little team under instructions from the manager, running to take a corner? Personally I can't even imagine them, under specific orders, doing anything that might risk us scoring a goal.