• Nigel Adkins has been given the Tranmere job on a permanent basis signing until the end of the 25/26 season. Continue the discussion here.

The Clubs "Man-agement"

The Rovers!

Player
Pat Nevin/Kenny Irons
Hello There!!

I dont post that much anymore, usually on things that either get my back up or if im realy pleased about something :lol:

Unfourtunatley, this is the "back up" post. I have just been reading on a sporting website, a comment from Kevin Ellison.... it reminds me to something similar that happened to Ian Sharps last year. As as we know, it could happen to a lot of players. To be fair, if it's true, it's out of order!!!

"Ellison, who arrived at Prenton Park from Hull last summer, said: "I was on holiday and I got a text from a friend saying they'd agreed a fee for me, which was a bit disappointing, being sold while I was sunbathing!
"But it was a little bit disappointing that no-one from Tranmere got in touch to say I was being sold or that I wasn't in their plans."

Now, what do we think of that?

I'm sure some people will say, "who cares, Ellison was rubbish" and to be honest, I would tend to agree with some points but what I dont agree with is treating players like crap! Lorriane Rogers is known for her Management skills..... She would rather harp on about having Leeds first game of the season that maybe trying to explain why she got conned by an American ex Bankrupt who said he would pay us £900,000.... Thanks for that Lorriane, now we are worse off that before.

I find it rather strange how important things get brushed under the carpet.... I am all in favour of new blood on the board. Things appear to becoming stagnent. Have you noticed that even clubs smaller than Tranmere appear to be able to attract outside interest.... I wonder if Lorriane doesnt want to let her claws out of the club. After all, I believe she was a Solicitor.... How much money have you invested in Tranmere Lorriane???

I realy hope the Ronnie can get a good team together next season, Im sure he will however, with all the internal politics within Prenton Park, I firmly believe thats what is seperating us from Championship football.

No doubt i will get some people saying how wrong I am but hey.....

Thanks

Player
Morrisey
I think it is very poor regarding ellison's notification and it is unjust. With regards to the ?900,000 investment I dont think we can hold that against LR. there were far more reputable business men and women conned by this merchant. He is good at the game he plays. We were just unfortunate victims. Yes the buck stops at her but I think that it was her trying to do the right thing. I think fresh faces on the board would be good but as for Chairperson I think we have a gem and she runs a tight ship and is very wise on her finances. This is invaluable for a club in our financial predicament. If she sold her stake in the club (is it 100%) then I would only be pleased if it was to a person with the requisite funds to support us year on year as opposed to a gung-ho fan who has some money but will dry up in a few years. I am content with what we have at the moment and am sure we will stave of administration with LR which, we must admit would be a threat to us if she we didn't have a tight-fisted so and so in charge. Reserved is right IMO.

B

Banana Army

Who cares, Ellison was rubbish!

Nah in all serious it is a tad out of line, but i bet the club droppped many hints and just didnt say when the transfer bid had been accepted, and to be honest, why should they. He could still fail to agree terms if he wants to stay. The ball is firmly in his court so he shouldnt moan so much.

Player
Morrisey
I think it is sour grapes and there is no legal obligation by Tranmere as owners of his contract but it is just immoral. I do think he must hve known though because negotiations had been going for a while and Ronnie will have said to the players he was not impressed with before the break where abouts they stood.

nomur

Still The Irish Rover
Player
Power!
"Ellison, who arrived at Prenton Park from Hull last summer, said: "I was on holiday and I got a text from a friend saying they'd agreed a fee for me, which was a bit disappointing, being sold while I was sunbathing!"

Is everyone missing the one vital point in this (wether it's true or not)? "I was on holiday and got a text from a friend".

We know how many times Chester put bids in for Ellison, the fact that the last bid was accepted by the club while he was away is just bad timing IMO. And maybe they were happy to accept it in thoery and discuss it face to face when Kevin got back from holiday. We simply don't know so this is all speculation. Maybe Chester got excited and let the local press know, his mate read the story and sent a message saying "I didn't know you'd signed for Chester mate?"

The Rovers! you are in no way wrong for wanting to voice your opinion on a forum, after all that's what they're for, and no one has the right to tell if your opinion is right or wrong, unless they have hard evidence. As we all know there are 2 sides to every story.

I do agree with SWA though, we can't hold LR responsible for the conman who has managed to swindle a lot of businesses out of a lot of cash. We'll get good compensation for that deal, don't worry.

How interesting would it be if Ellison can't agree personal terms? As uncomfortable as having sand in your jeans after a visit to the beach??

Ian

Super White!
Admin
Player
Aldo
Manager
Kingy
Well if Ellison's too busy sunning himself after a long, hard season (haha), what does he expect. Only kidding.. We don't really know the truth behind any of this, but hey! - that's what this wee message board is for. Dirty rumours, plus it passes the working day quicker.. :)